Chapter 62

This chapters a little sad, I'm so sorry xD

Thank you for 4.22k reads!!! That means the world to me :) I hope I don't make a sucky ending to you guys because I have an awesome idea for a sequel lol

Zayns POV

"Jamie, pick up your fucking phone!" I shout into the speaker and practically punch the steering wheel of my car.

It was difficult to explain to Ella why I had to leave her alone at such a horrible time, but she mentioned she had things to finish anyway and that it was best not to hold me back.

The phone goes to voicemail, which only heightens my anxiety, and makes me worry so much more. I know it's pointless to leave a message, so I hang up and try again.

"Hello?" He finally answers, after the third ring.

"Jamie! What the hell?!" I bark immediately, knowing it was uncalled for but still not caring.

"What are you talking about?"

"Meet me at the pier in five minutes, we need to to talk." Before he can say another word, or ask another question, I hang up and pull into the parking lot in front of the pier.

Gloomy as usual, the weather isn't making me feel much better on the outside than I am inside. As if setting the scene for the rest of my life, making sure I feel in character forever after what's bound to happen. The mixture of light and gray clouds spread out above me as I step out of the car, and head onto the wood dock. It doesn't help that I'm draped in all black, with a thick hoodie covering my head from the cold harsh air.

A few women with children shoot me dirty looks as they pass by, eyeing the new tattoo covering the back of my hand, I'm sure. If it wasn't that, I'm sure it's the piercings in my lip and eyebrow that drew their attention instead.

Either way, I'm used to the judgmental stares and I know exactly what they are all thinking.

Nothing good could ever come from him.

Stay away.

Freak.

I don't typically give a fuck, but for once, oddly enough, I do. In this moment, I have a strange feeling of shame circling in my head, reminding me how many mistakes I've made. How many mistakes I'm sure to make in the future as well, plenty.

But that's what these tattoos are for. They represent each mistake I've made, yet how I overcame them by expressing them in a way everyone could see. Some though, are solely because I wanted to express my own interests on my skin and hope that they tell the story for me.

Each tattoo was inked right after I battled a demon, and came to terms with what I've done. The snake, wrapped around my shoulder and bicep, gives away that I am one. Liar, King of them to be exact. Never to be trusted completely, yet can make you think otherwise.

The multiple skulls, all designed differently. Yet mean the same thing. My closure with death, and that I can't be afraid of losing my life doing what I do. I've taken many lives doing this job, and I've come to a point where if it means I have to give mine for the one girl I love, I would.

The wings printed onto my chest, represent the freedom I've longed for, for the last three years. It's always been a dream to leave England, escape this toxic life I live, and start over with complete freedom. Of course, now that I've encountered a certain natural blonde, I wish things could be different. I wish I could enjoy that life with her, never without her.

But I never will.

And the list goes on.

"Zayn!" Jamie shouts in my face, making me flinch away. "You alright mate?"