Chapter 49

Zayns POV

I hate the idea of dressing up for a fucking college party. All it is, is shithead teenagers becoming adults yet still can't tell the difference between their,there, and they're but can tell the difference between alcohol brands. There's no one for me to impress whatsoever, being that Ella already accepts me in my ripped t-shirts, and always black jeans.

Nothing but black.

But for the sake of the fucking holiday, and to make her happy, I throw on a black suit shirt made to fit my body. Saggy shirts bother the fuck out of me, as if it's just not made for me.

I tug on my jeans, forcing them up my legs. It's around eight, so I should be heading to the house soon. Especially to beat Ella to the party and make sure every fucking prick knows who she's with.

"Are you there yet?" Her name and text pop up on my phone screen, and by the looks of it she's not there either.

"No, but I'm heading out now. Why?" I click the phone locked, but hear a ring immediately after and look to see her response.

"No reason just asking ;)"

Yeah, alright. I sigh to myself, and pray to whoever is fucking listening that she's not dressed like every other girl. It's not necessarily her dressing too sexy, because whatever the fuck she's wearing will be coming off by me anyway. It's people staring at her that will bother me.

"I'm on my way so I'll see you soon babe." I lock my phone, and shut the front door behind me before locking it.

As I'm sliding into the drivers seat, I hear my phone ring and see her name once again.

"Ok ;)"

For some reason, responses like this to girls are always annoying. Yet if I were to say it, she'd have a bitch fit.

--

"Zayn! How are you mate?" Harry approaches me from the front steps, holding a beer in his hand.

"Just fine." The look in his eyes is vacant, as if he's already too far gone. "You're drunk already?"

"I have to be!" He laughs, tossing the glass bottle in the snow. "It makes me more bold, and daring." He smiles, licking his lips before tilting slightly sideways.

"Yeah well, don't stay out here too long." I brush past him, not bothering to help him stand up straight and walk into the house booming with music. I hear him chuckling to himself behind me, as he follows behind and his voice is lost in the noise of the pounding music.

As per usual, the house is packed. The living room crowded with guys grinding up behind girls, or lined up against the wall with some chick trying their hardest to get them in their pants tonight. Usually, I would allow them to cling to me like fucking leaches, but my situation has changed. I think back to the beginning of the year when I met Ella, later seeing her around campus while random girls crowded me. Her clothes weren't the nicest but the fact that she didn't try hard made up for it.

And here I am, falling for her and digging my own grave.

"Hi Zayn." Jade approaches me, and I notice she has normal hair for once. Wavy brown hair rests on her shoulders, and her tattooed arm wraps around me.

"Jade." I say curtly, gently pushing her away.

"Come on Zayn, don't you want to play tonight?" She purrs in my ear, and I grimace. "Let's play a game tonight." Her fingers trail up my other arm and I clasp my hand around them, stopping her abruptly.

"How about the silent game yeah?" I smile, pushing her away once more. "If you can shut the fuck up, you win!"

"Asshole." She rolls her eyes, and pushes her way past me onto the next unfortunate lad.