Chapter 70

More or less the way I imagine it. Obviously a big space in the middle but other than that, this is perfect

Zayns POV

She's still hesitant while getting in the car David lent us, not speaking another word to me. As she slams the door, I glance over at her and notice her eyes brimmed with tears and her body subtly shaking.

"Are you cold?" I ask, like the complete dumbass I am.

She shoots me a deadly glare, and raises one eyebrow menacingly.

"Okay, bad question. Sorry babe."

"Don't call me that." She spits, and leans her head against the glass, the way she always has ever since I met her.

--

"Hey we're here," I pull up to the girls dorm building, and look over to see her sleeping with her head pressed against the glass of my car window.

"Ella we're here." I call to her again, but she won't wake up. I shake her subtly, then harshly to finally wake her up. A tear escapes her eye, and her lip trembles subtly.

"Ellana!" I finally shout at her, and she gasps awake.

Its then I notice that I'm actually starting to care about her. The feeling may be small, and rather insignificant but still dangerous all the same. So small I wouldn't even notice it, if it weren't for the rapid beating of my heart and worry making me mad.

--

"Very well." I nod my head, and start the car, letting the heat warm us up before pulling off.

The entire drive she stays either quiet, or softly crying to herself and I swear it feels as if twenty knives are stabbing me in the heart repeatedly each time she sniffs. Oddly enough, for this horrible and depressing situation I'm sitting in, the sun starts to rise over the horizon. For once, making its way through the clouds that usually blanket over the entire city through the winters. But I'm sure the thick grayness will overpower the sunlight, making today no different from the last.

It can't be any later than six in the morning, but it doesn't feel like I've been up all night.

I wince in pain as the bruise on my cheek stings under my skin.

Yes it does.

In the distance, I notice the warehouse just off the edge of one of the piers. I take the opportunity to memorize her face, calm and settled for now. Before she begins her life hating me forever. Under her eyes are large, puffy bags from her crying and they're still tinted pink from the burn.

"What are we doing here?" She sits up, and mumbles as she rubs her eyes gently.

"I'm showing you the truth. You'll know the minute you see." I try to keep it plain, and neutral. Not giving her an ounce of hint to what I could be talking about.

Because the minute I walk in that door, everything will change.

A burning sensation stings my eyes, and I feel tears coming up to the rim at the thought of what's going to happen in the next few minutes.

Don't you fucking cry. I scold myself, and cough harshly to cover up my hands wiping away the tears.

But I can't help it. The tears keep coming, and at this point I let them run.

"Why are you crying?" She asks as I park, and shut the car off in front of the metal rusted door. "Zayn, I say a lot of stuff I don't mean. And you do some crazy shit apparently, but I still love you."