three: how's loverboy?

chapter three of the good girl

"how's loverboy?"

It felt like forever, but finally, I was walking through the doors to the cafeteria. My awaited lunch time had finally arrived. I wasn't to fond of the food in our school, but it smelt lovely. I guess it was just the fact that I don't know what's in it or where it's from that puts me off.

But with a smile on my face, I slipped towards my table in the corner of the cafeteria.

"What's up, newbie." I chanted as I sat down, next to my new found friend.

"Not much Brownie!" He said, causing me to giggle erratically. He's such a dork. "Brownie?" I mock, stitching my eyebrows together.

"Yeah sorry, it's all I could
come up with!" He says, embarrassedly. I found it extremely comical, his face was glowing red and the grin on his face was too much to handle. "Ok whatever!" I smiled.

"Spur of the moment just go with it!" He blurts, covering his face with his hands.

"I am! I am!" I giggle.

"So how's loverboy?" I hear, as Noah all of a sudden says coming up behind me.
Then unfortunately Jack almost chokes on his drink.

"Don't worry babes he isn't talking about you!" Sadie explains, joining us at the table along with Maddie.

"Oh thank god!" He says, wiping his forehead.

"Wow thanks jack! Means a lot coming from you!" I say sarcastically.

"You're Welcome." He utters slyly

"No, you see... our little millster here has a little crush on a certain somebody-."
"-who may or may not be walking into the lunch hall as we speak."
Sadie says as Noah finishes her sentence.

I watch in the corner of my eye as Jack's glance trails from me to the freckled boy walking into the hall this very minute. I wouldn't dare look for myself. Besides I already knew who it was.

Suddenly jacks meek smile turned to a wide-eyed stare as his body processed what he had only just realised. He let out a light squeal looking back at me with a huge toothy grin.

"No way!" He says looking at us.
Oh no! This is not good.

"Yes way." Noah and Sadie say simultaneously.

"I can get you his number if you like he says turning to me." About that...

"No need! She already has it!" Noah informs. At this point, I was really doubting ever tell Noah anything.
Way to keep a secret.

"No way! What! When?" Maddie says

"Umm hold on no time to explain! He's walking over!" Sadie stated.

I turned around to see Finn approaching me. For a minute it was like the world froze. I stopped breathing as I looked up at him.
My knees felt jittery and weak.
He smiled at me. God damn it! That smile. That freakin smile.

If only he knew what he could do.
(Edit: lmaooo Mills i think he, and many others know what he can do 😉)

I felt like I was on another planet.
Population: me and Finn.
He was by far one of the best things I'd ever laid my eyes on. I snapped back into reality as I realised he was getting closer.

"Hey Millie." he says cooly.
Wow, I'm so envious how is he so subtle in a situation like this?

"Hi. Hello. What's up? I'm great. Are you great? You look great. Oh gee. I'm rambling. Not again. I'm sorry. Ignore everything I just said." I say my brain freezing on the spot and blurting random comments.

"Are you okay mills?" He asks, his eyebrows raised.

That's so embarrassing.
I try to hide my inflamed cheeks.

"Yes. Yeah. Sorry, I'm fine." I say exchanging a look with Maddie pleadingly. She smiles at me and gives me a thumbs up. Hopefully she catches on.

"Hey Finn are you going to Jacob's party later" Maddie asks catching on to my hint. I manage to get myself together again as Finn looks back at me.

"Yeah sure, if you lot are going."
"Oh well me and Caleb are going."
"Oh and me!" Jack says
"Obviously I am." Maddie says.
"Me too." Noah says.

They all looked at me pleadingly.
I shook my head at Sadie.
So they all looked at me with puppy dog eyes. Ughhh.

"Ok! Whatever! I'll go..." I say giving in.
Finn smiles and winks at me then walks away. What's with that boy and winking?

I have a bad feeling about this.

Finn's POV

I walk over to my friends as I see them look my way. "Hey what's up with you and Millie Brown?" My friend Jaeden asked. I smirk at his comment and look at the ground. "Ehh, not much." I say.

"Yeah, I guessed. She such a prude man! Shame though because she's so hot. What a waste of such a great body. What're you thinking? Hooking up with miss perfect!"

"Hey! She's not prude! And we're not 'hooking up'! She's nice and...kind, and she's not like other girls, she's special."

"Dude! You're not falling in love with her are you?"

"What no! No, no of course not."

"Good, you're too young for that shit!"

"I just like her, and I hope she likes me too."

"You're falling you know.... and you're not going to find it easy to get back up once you've fell!"

"Hey, who knows maybe I don't know want to get up. Maybe, maybe I should stay in a relationship, you know. Like settle."

"Dude! It'll ruin your reputation!"

"So! It's not like I have a good reputation! And maybe, maybe I need someone to fix it for me!"

"Dude that's deep!"

"So what!" I say getting annoyed and walk away.

I can feel their stares on me as I walk away, but for once I don't care. I was going to have trust in my own instinct. Maybe Millie could be the person I change for. Maybe she could be my medicine... That's not using her, is it? Surely not. Yes, it's a little cruel and maybe an inch selfish, as I'm using her for my own personal needs, but that's not really using her. Right?

Yeah... right.

-

Hey tee again back with another crappy chapter ;)

So I didn't really change much lmao just corrected the grammar.