eight: you're special.

chapter eight of the good girl

"you're special."

Millie's POV

I wake up in my own bed. My head is pounding and sunlight is streaming through my curtains giving me a awful headache. I scrunch my eyes in complete dissatisfaction. This was not my ideal awakening. Especially for my first hangover. I expected it to be a little more cliche you know? Maybe I would have my hair sticking up everywhere and bags of mascara under my eyes. Some smeared lipstick? Last nights clothes?

But no. When I adjust my eyes to my surroundings, and get out of my bed to look in the mirror like they do in all the movies. My hair is down and wavy my makeup is off. I'm wearing my comfy I'm wearing my high school musical pyjama top and red fluffy pyjama shorts to go with it.

I look at my clock on the side and the time is 9:12. And then it all hits me. Firstly how the hell am I back home? And secondly who undressed me?

I tie my hair with my red scrunchie up into a messy ponytail and walk out of my bedroom door dazedly. As soon as I reach the balcony I smell cooking downstairs. My parents must be home early. They were supposed to be back on Tuesday.

"Mum? Dad? Are you home?"
I walk down the stairs and see an awfully familiar freckled face flipping pancakes at my cooker. Suddenly, I'm insecure of how I look. I'm wearing the most childish pyjamas, no makeup and my hair is only just maintaining in its scrunchie.

"Mills! you're up!" He jumps.

"Obviously... What are you doing?"

"I'm making pancakes... I hope that's ok..."

"Yeah that's fine but... what are you doing here?"

"Oh I took you home from the party last night and figured I'd stay just in case you woke up confused. But don't worry I slept on the sofa." He chuckles.

"Wait! Hold up! How did I get into pyjamas? Did you-?"

"-No! Millie god! I'm not like that!"

"Firstly... yes you are like that, at least that's what I've heard. Secondly, then how am I in my pyjamas then?"

"Millie, maybe I used to be like that... with other girls, but-but you're different... you're special." He says whispering the last to words hoping that just maybe I didn't hear.

"Look Sadie came back with me last night and changed you out of you're clothes and tucked you up in bed, she told me your parents wouldn't be home until like Tuesday so I just stayed. I woke up at like 9:00 and got dressed and started to make pancakes, I'd figured you'd wake up soon, and I guess I was right."

"Oh...ok." I mumble. "Well then, good-morning freckles!" I say chirpily.

"Morning Mill."

-

Finn's POV

I look up at Millie giggling.
She's dancing around her room crazily blasting music from her speakers.

She smiles at me as her hair bounces around her neck and her 'fountain' as she calls it bobbed up and down.

"The phone rings in the middle of the night My father yells what you gonna do with your life?" she sings jumping up and down on her bed.

"Oh daddy dear you know you're still number one!" She screams, still dancing dramatically.

"Dance with me wolfhard!" She shouts.

"But girls they wanna have fun!"

"You know I don't dance, Brown!"

"Oh girls just want to have fun!"
She sings at the top of her lungs.
She smiles and pulls me up of the floor.

"Don't be stupid! Everyone dances!"

I laugh. Obviously she doesn't know me very well. "Not me!" I joke.

"Why? Are you depressed?" She says innocently.

"Millie! You're so stereotypical! Not all depressed people don't dance!" I say laughing at her.

"You didn't answer my question!" She taunts.

"Mills! How could I be depressed in a room with rainbow stickers stuck everywhere and love hearts everywhere you can fit them!" I chuckle.

"Now who's stereotypical? Not all hearts are love hearts!" She says childishly. Are you kidding me?

"Really Millie?" I say in between laughs.

"What? What makes you think all hearts are in love?"

Wow. This girl really has a crazy way of thinking. "Because a heart symbolises love!" I say.

"Have you ever been in love?"she asks curiously now laying down, her chest on the bed and her legs kicking in the air to the beat of the music as I set on her desk chair.

"Not that I know of." I answer simply.

"I think you'd know if you were in love." She says as she looks up to her ceiling in thought.

"How can you tell if you're in love?" She asks.

"Well..." I start. "Once you're in love with someone, it's hard to remember how you lived without them, they become the highlight of you're day.
And... they're the first person you think about in the morning, and the last person you think about before you sleep."

"Hmm..." she says absentmindedly.

I continue. "You'd do anything for them, when you're in love with someone, you do whatever you can to make the person happy."

"How do you know if you've never been in love?" She asked me. I think for a moment.

"My parents were in love once upon a time." I say quietly.

"Oh I'm sorry." She says as she stops kicking her legs and her gaze averts to me.

"No, honestly it's fine." I say.

"If you don't mind me asking... what do you mean once upon a time? Are they not together?"

"Oh no. They're together, they're just not in love. Probably because they can't be bothered to divorce with all the paperwork and court cases." I say truthfully.

"I couldn't live like that, living with someone and spending the rest of my life with them if I didn't love them."

"Me either." I admit.

-

awh that was cute hehe

- tia