four: that game.

chapter four of the good girl "two can play that game

"two can play that game."

As I lay on my bed in an abundance of blankets, humming to a tune and texting on my phone, clothes get thrown around and all over my room by none other than Sadie Sink, Maddie Ziegler and Lilia Buckingham.

"Try this dress on mills!" Sadie says throwing me a flimsy red garment.

"No way." I say throwing it back. She huffs and Maddie and Lilia groan.

"Okay. What about this?" Maddie says. Holding up a dress I'd never seen before.

I grab the khaki green dress that Maddie had pulled out for me and stare at it in utter shock.

"Maddie, hunny, how do I put this....hmmm...No." I say handing it back.

"Oh no! Na-uh you're not going all sister Millie on me tonight Brown!"
She says throwing it back at me.

Is this what people wear these days?

"Mills, babes! You're not going to this party looking like a nun." Lilia says.

I shut my mouth not wanting to argue with them. They were always right, and I knew it. There wasn't much I could do about it, they were very persistent when they wanted to be. Sometimes to the point where I was worried for their well-being. But of course they only wanted the best for me.

Thankfully, they all nod satisfied once they'd realised I'd given up. I pull of my shirt leaving me in my bra then pulling the dress over my head.

People wouldn't understand my friendship with my best friend.
We have been like this all our lives so we're extremely comfortable around each other. I pull of my jogger bottoms, the dress covering anything above my mid-thigh.

I motion for Sadie to do up my buttons as she walks over already dressed.

They all stare at me in the mirror stunned.

"Wow! Millie! You look hot for once!" Lilia gushes.

"Wow thanks lils." I manage to mutter out whilst they all giggle.

I actually look okay.

Sadie hands me a pair of heels.
This time I take them without a hint of hesitation.

Sadie pushes a pair of shoes on her feet before standing up and staring at the finishing products.

"Wow Mill!We look gorgeous! NOW MAKEUP AND HAIR!" Maddie said excitedly

We actually do look nice.

I let them do my makeup and hair and we leave.

My parents won't be home all weekend so I should be fine.

-

We walk through the doors to Jacobs house, immediately the stench of sweat and alcohol hits my nose making me nauseous.

I look at Sadie instantly noticing her admiring eyes.

"Wow!" She said innocently

There was an unfamiliar look of youth and inexperience in the way she spoke. Sadie was usually so mature. Without warning Sadie flashed me an infantile smile as she gestured towards Caleb.

"Do you mi-"

"Go Sadie! I'll be fine!"

"You promise?"

"I promise! Now go!"

She smiled at me again before walking over to Caleb. Maddie and Lilia giggle girlishly before rushing towards the drinks. Subsequently, I manage to take in the surrounding before a familiar pair of hands make their way over my eyes.

"Guess who!" The familiar voice says.

"Umm...Noah?" I guess.

I knew it was not Noah but I didn't want them to feel bad.

"No it's me silly."

"Oh. Um hey Finn" I said flatly as if he we was last person I wanted to see.
Little did he know.

"What's up with you princess?" He says jokingly.

"Don't 'princess' me!" I say stroppily.

"Aww! Little princess is having a tantrum." He says.

"Please! I'm the opposite of a princess! I'm a bad girl!"

"Oh your a bad girl now?  Hmmm bad girl Millie..."

I stare at him blankly.

Suddenly he leans in one arm around my neck as my heart beat fastens.
Is-is he going to kiss me...
I've never kissed a boy in my life.

"I like the good Millie better..."He says whispering in my ear then walking away.

Seriously. You just gave me a mini panic attack then you walk away. Well shit. Does he know the effect he has on me? Finn... oh Finn why are you playing with me?

Well two can play that game.

-

Lmao this was shit

- T