6

A trigger warning! This chapter contains violence//

Erens pov

As the music echoed through the grand ballroom, the only noise I could pick up was that of Levis beating heart. His scent was absolutely intoxicating feeling it flood my senses causing me to peek up to the young prince. I could only imagine he was experiencing the same dilemma as his hazel eyes were clouded with joy , his hand tangled into my soft brown locks petting at my ears. He almost seemed to be constantly reassuring himself that I was in fact snuggled against his lap. Feeling him lean in closer I felt my breath hitch slightly under him before taking in my scent. A tender kiss was placed on my forehead causing my cheeks to flush a deep shade of red.

I slowly raised my head to admire my newly found mate when i could sense Mikasa's ever nearing presence, looking up to see her approaching prince Levi cautiously. With a small smile on her face she bowed politely to which Levi swiftly responded " please there is no need ". Watching his court react in a state of shock I gathered that he mustn't usually be so informal, perhaps I was already having some kind of influence on his behaviour? " If you would excuse me your highness, I wish to inform prince Jägers parents of the good news" she explained to which I heard a small gasp, looking up to see Levi with a small smile across his face , grabbing the bewildered attention of several guests " of course you may" he chuckled showing off his charming grin causing me to melt further into his torso. Was it truly so abnormal for him to behave in such a charming manner?

"Mikasa , please ease the news slowly to Armin, I don't need our coconut having a panic attack" Eren remarked with a dazed smile causing Mikasa to giggle softly before leaming in to me " When would you like to come home...? I do not like the idea of leaving you with so many Vampires the thought is simply.... Horrific. I understand you wish to be with your mate-" she rambled quietly before I heard Levi chirp up leaning down slowly " as long as Eren lives I will never allow another being to harm him" he reassured her as I felt the arm around my waist tighten causing me to sit up slightly leaning into his chest. I let out a shaky sigh of relief feeling safe in his strong arms as his voice soothed ever nerve in my body " you can stay as long as you wish my pup."

"c-could i..possibly stay the night?" I asked quietly before gazing back up to Levi hopefully , only to see his smile grow and I felt his cool hand carefully caressing my glowing red cheek "oh but of course " he responded as I caught a glimpse of Mikasas smile before watching her bow once again " ill see you tomorrow Eren " She hummed quietly before making her way out of the grand Ballroom and I watched curiously as she shifted, her black and white tail slipping past the door frame making her way back towards the dense forest. I could feel several pairs of hateful stares coming from the crowd, but by far the most prominent gaze seemed to be coming from Pince Erwin, glaring with such hatred towards me , his cold deminor making him appear to be a solid statue.

Turning to face the older male our eyes mat, causing me to chuckle quietly and grin mischievously before sticking my tongue out towards him childishly, his reaction truly making it worth while. The prince nearly doubled over in shock as I fought the urge to laugh in his face. I heard a low growl from his direction as I turned back away to watch the ball taking place. Seeing both young men and women take to the dance floor was mesmerising when the classical tune of 'time to say goodbye' echoed through the large chamber causing me to smile at the orchestras talent and execution.

As Levi noticed my joy I felt his hands tighten slightly around my waist as he nuzzled his chin against the crook of my neck humming softly into my ear. I smiled subconsciously leaning into his chest further and began to hum along softly whilst closing my eyes . He let out a low chuckle raking his fingers through my hair causing me to let out a soft groan with excitement peering up to him " I hope you are enjoying yourself?" he asked curiously causing me to give off an innocent smile " I love this song.. my mother plays it so beautifully" I explained quietly , once again feeling Erwin's unfriendly gaze, however this time I had an odd uncomfortable feeling, chills rushing down my spine. I shivered softly before tucking myself comfortably into Levi's lap.