17

Erens pov

I woke up to the soft sound of Levi's snores and the ocean crashing up against the banking. It was around 7 O'clock in the morning as I sat upscratching at my ears before letting out a quiet yawn, my sharp fangs protruding from my lips. Pushing back the warm bedsheets I set my feet down on the cold stone floor, making my way towards the bathroom. Unbuttoning my blouse, laying it aside along with me trousers I stepped under the running water allowing it to roll over my skin. I felt my tail become heavy as it soaked through and hung against my leg relaxed. Washing my face and body gently I rinsed off any remaining soap suds, stepping back out of the shower and reaching for a towel to wrap around my hip.

Walking over towards my wardrobe quietly I peered over towards my mate, smiling to myself seeing him gripping the covers tightly in his arms. Letting out a quiet chuckle must have caught his attention as his arm reached limply towards me, muttering incoherently "Eren...come...ngh...". I flushed softly, walking back towards him as I was quickly pulled down into his arms causing a small gasp to escape my lips. His eyes opened slowly, nuzzling his head against my bare neck with a smile. "Morning" he grumbled huskily placing a kiss against my shoulder when I leaned into his touch quietly replying "morning".

He sat up, gazing down to me with a soft smile, his hand tracing along my exposed torso before standing up and heading into the warm bathroom. I sat up quietly, reaching for an item of clothing to cover myself, slipping on my trousers and making the bed once again. Not much later Levi re-emerged from the bathroom, his hair dripping wet as I pulled him in close to run my hands through it. "So soft" I commented as the raven-haired man slipped his arm around my wait, kissing my wrist tenderly.

He pulled up another towel, roughly drying off his hair and then looking around for his clothing, slipping it back on. Wearing my soft shirt, I took his hand in mine, leading him back down the cobbled stairway and towards the castle kitchens. Sneaking past several guards and down a small corridor I took him through to the Storage and stared with joy at the sight of cooked ribs. Reaching up excitedly I began instantly devouring the portion of meat as Levi simply gazed at me in adoration "what an adorable creature you are". My cheeks flushed at his sweet compliments as I finished my food rather quickly. Taking my hand, he began to lick any remaining sauce from my fingertips groaning softly "nowhere near as good as you darling" he mumbled as I felt my face burning up. "Do you need any?" I asked to make sure he wasn't going hungry, to which he shook his head politely "I'm perfectly fine" he admitted, taking my hand and heading back towards my bed chambers.

Closing the door behind us I fell back down into bed with Levi by my side before hearing a knock on my door. Staring in confusion I sat up reluctantly "who is it?". To both of our surprise Hanji opened the door barging in as Levi stared in shock. "Hanji what on earth-?" he began before she jumped in quickly "sorry for the intrusion, may I speak with you Levi?" she asked as I felt Levi's grip on my waist tighten. He shook his head simply "Please just get on with it Hanji" he replied , a lace of irritation in his voice before her sunny expression dropped and she looked over towards him "Kenny is back."

Levi's skin turned even colder as he stared at her devoid of emotion "are you serious...?" he muttered as he watched her nodding softly. "I'm sorry ... Who is Kenny?" I asked confused and they looked at me worriedly causing me to become even more unnerved. "The man who has dedicated his entire undead existence to erasing the werewolf species from the face of the earth." Hanji explained as my tail sunk and my heart began to pound as I realised who they were talking about. I felt Levi's arms wrap around me tightly from behind caressing along my back whilst making sure I wasn't in distress, placing his soft lips to my neck. "It would be best if we made our way back to the castle Levi" Hanji advised as I felt Levi gently shaking his head against my shoulder. "Levi...it is not only what is best for yourself – it is best for Eren" she admits watching as Levi's grip on me only tightened. Sighing he tilted my chin upwards, kissing my lips ever so softly before stepping away and grabbing his clothing from the bedroom chair. Dashing from the castle he huffed silently to himself as I gripped at my own arm comfortingly.

Levis pov

Kissing my mates ever so sweetlips I reluctantly gathered my things taking my leave from him and the wolf kingdom. I could feel my heart screaming for him, but I would always have to do my best to protect him, even if that included taking some time away from one another. I rushed alongside Hanji, back through the treacherous forest and back to the cobbled streets that I knew far too well. The two of us rushed in past our guards and towards the grand hall, hearing the man's dreadful voice. There he stood, bright as daylight, wearing that distinctive leather cloak and red blouse but with a few more tatters and tears than before.

"Oh its good to be back!" he scoffed with a wide toothed grin, his piercing gaze finding me from across the room "did you miss me?"