Chapter 55:

~Samantha's P.O.V

~The Next Day~

I opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings. I wiped away the few dried tears I had. I looked beside me. Nash was right there holding my waist.

I smiled like a fool, and kissed his cheek. Suddenly my phone buzzed.

I grabbed it from the nightstand and checked the screen.

Shawn:

"Hey baby 😘 How's everything over there?"

Samantha:

"Not so good 😔"

Shawn:

"Why? 😟"

Samantha:

"They found my mom's...Body 😪"

Shawn:

"Ohh shit!! I'm soooo sorry, I wish I could be there for you 😭"

Samantha:

"I also wish you would be here, I'm planning to have a funeral 😖😢"

Shawn:

"Awww baby, I'm so sorry for your loss, I just can't believe it 😩 Will you be alright?"

Samantha:

"I guess, or at least I'll try 😔😔 I have to tell Nash's mom about it, I know she will be as devasted as I am, bye...Love you 😘"

Shawn:

"Love you too baby, stay strong 😉😘"

I sighed and put my phone in the nighstand. I gave a last glance at Nash and walked out of the room.

"J-Jessica?" I called out.

"In the kitchen sweetie" she said. I went downstairs and walked to the kitchen.

The first thing I noticed, was the lingered smell of delicious homemade food. I sat down in one of the stools and watched Jessica concentrated taking something out of the oven.

"What's wrong sweetie?" she asked turning around.

"I-I have something to tell you...M-my m-" my voice was kind of raspy. I coughed a little and tried to continue, but it was hard to find the right words.

I'm talking about this woman's best friend.

"Mmm...Would you like strawberries in your cupcake?" she asked.

"I-I'm not really that hungry" tears were welled up in my eyes.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" she said concerned while sitting beside me.

One tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away.

'Be strong Sam, breath' said my
subconcious.

"Y-yesterday, I recieved a call, they found m-my mom's b-body" I said. I stared right into Jessica's eyes. Tears were rolling down her cheeks.

I didn't think twice, I hugged her. She hugged me back and buried her face on my hair.

We pulled away. "I-I would like to have a funeral, I want to see her one last time" she nodded.

We decided to have the funeral, this sunday. Jessica excused herself and went to organize everything for the funeral. I know it will be hard to face my mom, lifeless. But I'm not burying her without saying my last goodbye goodbye.

~Sunday~

We went to where the funeral would be held. I was wearing a black dress with black heels, golden bracelets and the necklace my mom gave me when I was 10 years old. It was a heart with a picture of both of us, and I put on some light make up

I went inside the place and noticed that my mom's friend were here, besides also Cameron, Matt, Taylor, and Carter were here too.

They saw me and came over to where I was. They hugged me.

"Everything will be alright" said Taylor. I nodded.

"Sam!" someone said from behind me. I turned around and saw Emily running towards me.

"I'm so, so, so sorry for your loss" she whispered in my ear.

"Thanks guys, I wouldn't be able to do this by myself" I said looking at the ground.

"You're not alone" said Nash while bringing my chin up for me to face him. I smiled and st in my place to start with the funeral.

"Family, friends, we gathered around to conmemorate to the beloved Monica Robbinson" started the priest.

He started saying a few words.

"Now, her daughter, Samantha, will say a few words" I nodded and went infront of everybody.

"Hello, I just want to say that...I will never forget m-my mom, she was special, kind, and the most amazing and caring mother ever, I can't even think of a way to thank her for all the support and love she gave me, I turned to the coffin.

"I love you mommy, and this song's for you" I said almost in a whisper. I walked to the piano and sat down. I started to play 'Butterfly fly Away' by Miley Cyrus

"You tucked me in, turned out the light
Kept me safe and sound at night
Little girls depend on things like that

Brushed my teeth and combed my hair
Had to drive me everywhere...You were always there when I looked back

You had to do it all alone! Make a living, make a home...Must have been as hard as it could be

And when I couldn't sleep at night, scared things wouldn't turn out right...You would hold my hand and sing to me

Caterpillar in the tree, how you wonder who you'll be...Can't go far but you can always dream

Wish you may and wish you might, don't you worry, hold on tight, I promise you that there will come a day...Butterfly fly away.

Butterfly fly away, butterfly fly away...You've been waiting for this day
Take those dreams and make them all come true

Butterfly fly away, butterfly fly away" I sang every word, remembering my mom.

"Butterfly, butterfly, butterfly, butterfly fly away" I finished the song, and turned to the window with the mosaic of an angel. There was a huge thunder of light coming from outside.

"Hey mommy" I whispered. I smiled and wiped one tear rolling down my cheek.

Everybody was in silence. One by one they were calling to say a few words about my mom.

When we had to bury her, before closing her coffin, I put a white rose, her favoite flower, between her hands and started caressing them. She looked so lifeless, pale, I guess this was goodbye.

"Goodbye mommy, thank you for loving me as much as I loved you" I said. They closed it and started burying her.

Nash came beside me and put his arm around my shoulder. I rested my head with his.

"Thanks" I said.

"For what?" he asked.

"For...For being here in such horrible situation.

{A/N~ 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭}