Chapter 9:

So many people are gathered in the hall outside of the courtyard that is to be the council room. A group of dwarves walk past me while being eyed by the elves in the room, the one leading them holds a huge axe with beady eyes looking out from his mess of hair and long red beard. I roll my eyes; they still hold a grudge against each other. I spot Legolas making his way to three elves and starts engaging themselves in conversation. Frodo stands nervously talking to Gandalf, looking better each day since being healed yet still weary. I look to find Aragorn and see him greeting people as they pass by. I make my way over to him and we stand side by side.

"It's nice to see all of us in the same room," I say.

"Agreed. This meeting should be interesting," he answers.

"How's Frodo?"

Aragorn turns his gaze to the small Hobbit.

"Elrond healed him up well but he will always have that feeling of the sword in him. Plus I can tell the ring is troubling him."

"I think it would trouble anyone. I can feel its darkness from here."

I notice a proud looking man with a scruffy beard and full armor on from across the room practically staring daggers at us. I quickly look away. Lord Elrond then opens the council room's doors with his arms held out to greet everyone.

"Please will you make your way in to the meeting," he says.

I look at Aragorn and give him a small smile.

"Let's do this then."

The two of us walk in last along with Gandalf and Frodo. The elves are seated together, the dwarves sit together, and then the men, including the one who was staring earlier. I sit next to Aragorn at the end and across from us in the circle is Gandalf and Frodo, all seats surrounding a small pillar in the center.

"I'm sorry but what is a woman doing here?" the man from earlier remarks loudly.

I raise my eyebrows at him and stand up, not putting up with this crap.

"This woman has a name. I am Lady Faylen Adwynn, black knight of Middle Earth and protector of the realm," I say.

"Black knight?" the man says confusedly. "I am Boromir of Gondor. I have never heard of such a thing."

"Well you have now," I sit and take my seat. "Now can we get back to the matter at hand?"

I look to Elrond who sits in a high-backed chair and I spot his mouth quirk up just the slightest before he addresses the council.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate... this one doom. Bring forth the ring, Frodo."

I watch as Frodo rises from his chair and slowly walks to the plinth in the center of the circle. He sets the ring down and moves to sit back down.

"So it is true!" Boromir says, shocked while murmurs sound around the room.

"Doom of man!" the dwarf I noticed earlier says.

"It is a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, Steward of Gondor, held the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy, let us use it against him!" Boromir says confidently.

"You cannot wield it," Aragorn says from my side. "None of us can. The one ring answers to Sauron alone, it has no other master."

Boromir turns to face him with a cold look.