Chapter 31: (Epilogue)

The next two days pass in a blur and before I know it, the big day is here. I wake up to the sun shining and Éowyn and Arwen are ready bright and early. I stumble out of bed and eat a quick breakfast before letting them drag me into getting ready, both insisting it will take all day. I keep feeling myself wanting to go see Legolas only to have Arwen and Éowyn say that it is bad luck to see the groom before the wedding. Soon it is dusk and I am wearing a floor-length, white ball gown that billows out from my waist in layers of tulle. The bodice is made from layers of lace with see-through sleeves stopping at my wrists. My hair is curled and pinned back from my face to fall around me in waves, a braid crowning my head. The last finishing touch, which I least expect, is a silver crown made up of metal vines and leaves encircling each other. I hardly recognize myself in the mirror. As Arwen and Éowyn lead me through the halls, I find that I am not nervous in a bad way, but anxious to see Legolas and start our future together. I peek outside the window to see my closest friends and other invited guests sitting out on the lawn of the courtyard where just a few days before the coronation was held. An arbor is set out with beautiful blue flowers and vines wrapping around it with Gandalf standing under it, ready to lead the ceremony.

I look away and turn to Arwen who is still adjusting parts of my dress.

"There. I think that's it," she says and stands back to take me in.

"Thank you both," I say.

"Of course!" Éowyn answers.

The doors of the Great Hall crack open and Aragorn walks over to us, dressed like the king he is.

"Wow, Faylen..."

I feel myself blushing and look to the bouquet of flowers in my hands. Aragorn puts hands on my arms and smiles down at me.

"Legolas is a very lucky Prince," he says.

He places a kiss on my forehead and soft music begins playing outside.

"I think it's time," Arwen says. "I'll see you out there."

I nod and watch as Éowyn and Arwen leave to get to their seats. I let out a deep breath and smile at my brother.

"You ready for this?" he asks.

"More than ever," I say.

He holds out his arm for me and I wrap a hand around it as we both step out into the courtyard. At first, all I see are the people who rise when Aragorn begins to lead me down the aisle and I feel my nerves grow. Then my eyes land on Legolas who stares right back at me and everything falls away. Aragorn passes me over to my husband-to-be who gives my hand a reassuring squeeze. Gandalf begins speaking and all I can do is get lost in Legolas's eyes.

"Legolas, do you have your vows ready?" Gandalf asks.

"Yes, I do," Legolas says before looking right back at me. "Faylen Adwynn, I will not forget this adventure we've been on in which we met and I look forward to many more with you at my side. I am yours and you are mine. I know that we can do all things, together, as long as we have each other. Love cannot begin to describe how much you mean to me and I vow to always cherish you, to love you fiercely, and to protect you with my life. I still can't believe that you are now my wife and my princess, however much you hate titles."

Laughter sounds around at this and I find myself grinning.

"So let's start this adventure together with each other with all the time of the world on our side. By the Eru and with this ring, I take you to be my wife."

He carefully places the ring on my finger, a simple silver band.

"And Lady Faylen?" Gandalf asks.