18

Mitch's P.O.V

A few days had passed since Lucy kissed me. Nothing had popped up yet about it, which I was happy about. I was waiting until tomorrow when I got to Edmonton to tell Ryan in person.

Somehow I had got stuck on a red eye flight which sucked. I was still packing my things at 10:30 and I didn't have to be at the airport for another few hours. Will and Auston had gotten on early flights with most of the team. Only me and a few others had missed the deadline for booking our flights and booked it to late. I'm not the best planner so that's why I always end up on crappy flight times.

Da boyz 😏
A- yo Marner where are you?
M- In Toronto?
W- what the hell, we thought you were on our flight.
M- no... I literally told you guys yesterday that i'll be seeing you guys in the morning?
A- right! now I remember!
W- we just wanted to let you know that we made it safely to Edmonton!
M- alright thanks
A- your welcome dad!
M- shut up Auston
A- make me
W- I'll shut him up for you Mitch!

Laughing I put away my phone and picked up my carry on bag. Taking my little suit case I picked up the house keys and locked the front door. Getting into my truck I started driving to the airport. I was hoping that if I got there early maybe I could catch an earlier flight.

Pulling into the parking lot I parked my truck and grabbed my luggage. Walking inside I went up to one of the desks.

"Hello! Are you checking your luggage today?" the desk lady asked.

"yeah, also I was wondering if there was any way I could switch my flight times?" I asked.

"let me just get your boarding pass and i'll check for you" she smiled.

Handing her my pass I just waited until hopefully she found something better than my 2 am flight.

"Let's see here, we have a flight in an hour heading to Calgary and then Edmonton?"

"i'll take it"

"alright! Let me just get the new passes printed i'll check your bags and then you'll be on your way!" she said.

Once everything was all set I thanked her and walked towards security. Usually I always got caught with change in my pockets or something stupid like that, but not this time. Heading straight to my gate I went to wait for about ten minutes until it was time to board.

Getting on to the plane I was sitting at the very back near the bathrooms. This would be a long flight.

Ryan's P.O.V

Finally making it to Lexi's after getting lost about five times I went and knocked on the door.

"Hey Ryan! come in!" she ushered me inside.

"I have to tell you something!" she said.

"okay"

Following her towards her bedroom she went in and shut the door behind me. Both of us sat on the bed with our backs against the wall.

"so! what did you have to tell me?" I asked.

"Well I want you to know that Mitch cheated on you" she said.

"I know"

"what... how?"

"Twitter"

"oh... well have you talked to Mitch? It could be a big misunderstanding?" she said.

"I'm not exactly ready to talk to him yet. He hasn't tried to contact me so i'm just going to wait until he does I guess. I'm not really sure what to do in a situation like this" I sighed.

"yeah I get it. I say you just wait until he contacts you." she smiled.

"thanks for being there for me Lexi"

"no problem Ryan! Your my bestfriend I'd do anything for you!"

After a while if us just talking about random things I got a text from Leon telling me to come home because he didn't want me to walk home alone in the dark.

Once I made it back to our apartment I walked inside and saw Connor, Leon, Nuge, and Lauren. Once Lauren saw me she got up and gave me a hug.

"i'm sorry about what Mitch did to you Ryan. If you need a friend i'm here for you!" she smiled.

"Thanks Lauren"

"also your brother told me your coming to the game tomorrow night! I can drive us there if you want and then we can get dinner before hand or something!"

"yeah sure that would be really nice"

"okay cool! We can go to a really nice restaurant! ah i'm so excited now" she gushed.

"me to! Wanna come hangout in my room and we can let the boys do whatever?" I asked.

"sure"

Both going into my room I just went and lied down on my bed. Sighing I got sad again about what Mitch did. Pulling my hoodie sleeves over my hands I wiped away the few tears that were on my face.

"Ryan, please don't cry over Mitch he's not worth your tears." Lauren said.

"I know it's just hard. I really love him and I know we were only together for a few months not even a year. But it feels like we've been together for years."

"I get that. Honestly I say we go to the game tomorrow and if you run into him you give him the chance to explain himself and if you want to forgive him then go ahead but if you don't it's okay. I'll be behind you no matter what"

"Thanks Lauren that means a lot."

"your welcome Ryan!"

About a half hour later the boys called us back out and they had ordered dinner. All of us sat down around the table and started eating. When we were done Lauren went back to Connor's place and Nuge went to see Lexi.

"So Ryan! You and Lauren seem to be getting along!" Connor said.

"yeah, she's so nice! I really like her!"

"me to!" he laughed a little.

"Connor are you staying here?" Leon asked.

"yeah, i'm to tired to drive"

"okay i'll set you up on the couch"

Leon left to go get blankets and pillows for Connor.

"So, are you sure you really want to come to the game tomorrow?" he asked me.

"yeah, I mean I haven't watched you guys at home in forever. And I don't plan on running into Mitch anyways so I should be fine" I smiled.

"alright. Just let me know if you need anything i'm here for you! Your like the little sister I wish I had"

"aha thanks I think?"

"no problem" Connor said while getting up.

We cleared the table and washed the dishes and then Leon went to bed but me and Connor stayed on the couch for a little just talking about the game tomorrow night.

"So is Leon like your favourite linemate?" I asked.

"yeah basically! we work really well together so i'm always really happy when Coach puts us on the same line!"

"he sets you up for a lot of goals and you set him up! I can see why your guys coach puts you guys out together"

"for sure!" Connor yawned.

"I should let you go to sleep!" I said while getting up.

"You can just stay here if you want? I mean just like a bother sister sort of thing" he smiled.

"yeah sure!"

Getting up I turned off the lights and went back to snuggle up next to Connor on the couch. It wasn't like sleeping next to Mitch but it would have to do for now.