IV - Women Are Hard To Understand

-
-
-

Thursday means rest day because, it's my day off. And this Thursday morning is also all about calls.

Mom called to tell me that she's going downtown since the mechanic told her that her car is fixed now. It's a good news however, this is the fifth time her car broke down within this month. I told her a few times to buy a new one that I even offered to pay for it but, she's insisting on still using her old cooper.

On the other side, Amy called to tell me that the party on Friday is cancelled. Andy and her girlfriend refunded their down payment because, her girlfriend got promoted and they decided to rent somewhere closer to her work. Also, Amy is coming over later since, she didn't make it yesterday.

The other call is from Cammie who is currently at work. She just called to tell me that the chia waffle on the dining table is for me. The gesture warmed my heart and I made a mental note to return the favor. But, I still have no idea how.

The last caller is an unexpected one. Shay called me to ask if Cammie is staying at my house. What surprised me more is that she said they both already decided to let go of their shared apartment as Shay is going to go back to the infamous 'lesbian frat house'. Cammie didn't mention anything about that. Maybe I should ask her about that.

I appreciate Shay's effort to inform me about that and ask for her ex's whereabouts. We both have no idea if Cammie is searching for another apartment or what are her plans. Shay even thanked me for being with Cammie on the times like this although, I told her there's no need for that because, the blonde is my best friend and that's my duty. I didn't ask about what went wrong about their relationship neither I mentioned it because, I believe it isn't my place to meddle with them.

Shay is a good person and she's also a friend of mine. As much as it hurts me to see my best friend hurting and crying every night, I have no right to be mad at Shay. I know Cammie will open up with me at the right time and I have no plans on pressuring her about telling me the real story.

Aside from morning calls, my lazy self also miraculously decided that today is not a lazy day. I dragged my self to ride my bike and breathe some fresh air outside. Although, it's around ten o'clock already, my body yearns for a little more exercise. I pick up speed and enjoyed the morning breeze. After another hour, I went back to my apartment. Along the way, I saw Liza jogging with headphones on.

I pedalled faster and called her attention as I reach her.

"Hey, Liza!"

The brown girl looked startled for a bit then, grinned as she noticed it was me.

"Yo, girl! Wha'cha doin this early? I thought you don't stretch muscle often?"

I chuckled. "Just felt like riding my bike again and I thought I need to sweat a little bit."

Her face lit up as if she realized something important.

"Oh! I have to tell you something!"

"What is it?"

"I know his name now. It's David!" She grinned looking very happy.

"The 'white boy'?" I asked.

She nodded. "And guess who has a date this Saturday." Liza smirked playfully changing her accent to Mexican again.

I cackled. "Let me guess, you asked him."

She smacked my arm playfully. "How dare you! He asked me, for your information. And he even asked for my number. I even hesitated for a bit just to make him know I ain't that easy."

"You hesitated for like two seconds max and then, still give it to him." I guessed.

"I still hesitated! Don't judge!"