X (Part ii) - Equals

-
-
-

When we are young, one plus one is always equals two.

We believe it. 'Cause that's what we learn from school.

But, as we grow older, we come to realize that deeper things aren't learn from that way.

One plus one is never equals two.

It will always be still one.

I believe in it. 'Cause that's what I learn from life. From love.

'In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.' A quote from McLaughlin that confuses me clearly during my Psychology class way back in college.

But now, it feels like the only thing that's accurately profound to me.

Love is the way it is. Love could be everything. Love could be nothing.

To put simply, it's either everything or nothing at all.

Win or lose.

Fight or flight.

We only get to choose one.

We all have experiences; regardless if you've been Cupid's victim or not yet. We still have experiences. We still have something to say when the concept of love arises. We have our own views of how we decipher it.

'Cause it's innate. One of the few things in life that's inevitable. Scary to think that the ones you can't see are the one's you can't escape.

The concept of love is infinite. It could go on miles and you'll be the one to give up understanding the entirety of it. It will never be absolutely defined. It's the way it supposed to be. The most beautiful things, I believe, are the things that don't have a particular meaning. Like even if you can't fully understand it, you're still completely admiring it. Ironically, like women.

But that's besides the point. Love isn't just gender of course, neither race, age, colour, status, height, weight, and nor distance. Every concept aforementioned are measurable by either quality or quantity. But, love isn't just that. Like the saying goes, it moves in it's mysterious ways. To the point that sometimes, we get to question how the universe put us together despite the billions of people in the world. Despite the zillion of seconds passed, fate decided it's this specific time that you're gonna meet one another.

One may claim that love is all the same. Like it's just a book of all clichés. It's all tiring and energy-draining 'here we go again' drama.

But, the thing we're getting all too familiar with isn't the love per se. It's the person we're being so familiar with; not love. It's the person we're feeling exhausted to; not love. Thus, no reason to actually be exhausted of loving. No reason to not love.

At times we might have thought that maybe, they are not 'the one'. They are not 'our person'. The one you'll share everything with. We would know if it is. 'Cause lack of desire, and time is pretty much a given point.

But, let's be honest. At times, it isn't fate that 'cause us to fall apart. It's us. Love is about choices and decisions. Whether you choose the person or not. Whether you decide to love or not. Personally, I live with the belief that we're the makers of our own fate and fault. It's our choices and it's our decisions. Thus, consequence is unarguably on us. Not Cupid, nor Destiny.

One cannot live in the 'safe zone' forever. Where we settle in the middle just to escape consequences of both realities. Been there, done that. There will be that peak time where all walls will gonna eat up the entire space in the middle and you will have no choice but to jump either side.