XVI (Part 1) - Not Again

-
-
-
-

The loud bang of the door made me snap from anything that's keeping me occupied. I know it's her. I know she saw me. She saw us. The thought washed away every ounce of alcohol in my system. I almost felt sober. Almost.

I faced the closed door just staring at it. I felt glued to where I sat, still not knowing how to react. The comforters that used to be so soft felt like pointed nails under my skin. I could feel my stomach churn from overwhelming emotions. I feel sick.

I swear I didn't know what really happened. Or if something even already happened? But, regardless if there is or nothing at all, I badly have a huge explaining to do. I fucked up bad. Really bad.

God. God. God. ---

"Hey, sweetheart..."

I froze hearing and knowing the clear presence of the owner of the voice. Telling me this is, by all means, not a dream nor my hallucination. I did brought someone inside my room. And she's still here. With me, half naked. I almost choke in my own saliva when I felt her gliding closer to me, settling herself behind me. Too close that I can feel her breath on my cheeks.

Her sudden chuckle made me confused but, she's quick to explain herself.    "Sorry. You look like --- scared or something. Very stressed out."    Her voice almost sounded like growling as her hands rose up from my back to my shoulders.    "See, your muscles are so tense. I can help you relax if you want to?"

I don't have to look back to know that she has that predatory smile again. From the tone of her voice, I know what she's insinuating. And I'll be damn stupid if I entertain her offer.

Warm lips nipped on my nape up to my earlobe, making my knees weak. I can feel my inside melting into her touch. I almost felt like I'm under her spell. A curse.

Next thing I knew, I was pinned down.

I am damn right stupid.

-
-
-

*phone ringing*

I groaned loudly, pushing myself from the covers. I didn't even bother looking at the caller ID before picking it up.

"Hello?"   I husked.

  - "What the flying fuck, Joanna!"

My head immediately snapped away from the phone as I mutter a swear under my breath. Jesus, I felt like housing a jackhammer inside my skull. Fucking hangover.

"Could you tone it down, McKenna? I'm nursing a horrible hangover right now. So, would you mind?"   I said controlling the last drop of my patience.

  - "Oh, wow. Fucking wow, Simon. Should I apologize, you little fucker? What the hell did you do?"

Miles' voice is drumming painfully in my head and I'm about to hung up on him but, halted when he talked once more.

  - "Fix yourself. I'm on my way there. Make sure the slut isn't there anymore."

"What the--- what are you talking about?"    By now, any ounce of sleep vanished in me. But the hangover.   "Who's slut?"

  - "Don't play stupid, Simon. We both know I'm not talking about your best friend 'cause she's actually in my house right now. So, go figure. I'll be there in ten. Talk later, I'm driving."

"But----  "

*call ended*

The asshole hung up on me before I get to question what's happening. It's usual for us to exchange curse words but, today, he sounded really pissed and I have no idea why. Groaning once more, I rubbed my temples and pinch the bridge of my nose from time to time. I made my way to the kitchen and drink some water and advil. Then I decided it's probably the best idea if I take a quick shower before the asshole arrive.