XV (Part 1) - Ex's and the F*ckers

-
-
-

My eyes shot open yet, my body's still unresponsive. I felt restless and exhausted. It felt like I had a dream, a bad one maybe, but, I can't seem to remember it. Dreams that can't seem able for the brain to retrieve and yet, the effects of it are always felt. Probably why I presume it's a nightmare 'cause I can feel the downside of my energy and mood. But, I'm somehow aware of the reason. Activities before sleep could mostly affect the dream state of a person; Something I learn from my Psychology 1 class way back then. And for my case, last night's events triggered nightmares.

I can still feel the heaviness of my eyelids and the undeniable aching of my head. All that's clear is that I am in pain; physically, emotionally, and mentally. As much as I'm already a pro when it comes to tolerating pain, I can't handle much when the impact is doubled, or maybe tripled, compared to the usual pain I was used to. But, who am I kidding? I never healed. It's always fresh wounds.

Full consciousness dawned upon me, finally. This is reality again. Another day, another actual nightmare. I pushed the comforters away from my body and sat up, glancing at the digital clock on the wooden desk.

8:11 a.m.

Still early. But, I don't feel like going back to bed. Sleeping would be useless if I can't really rest in the first place. Good thing that I don't have work today as well, 'cause I feel like shit. I'm not a morning person but, this is one of the rare days that I wanted to escape nightfall. 'Cause later tonight, someone would trespass my home and I'm allowing it. How stupid can I be?

Standing up, I decided to run myself a bath, thinking it could help ease my headache and everything else I wanna wash away. As soon as my clothes were deposited in the hamper and my foot stepped on the cold tiled-floor, I felt all vulnerability embrace me. I stride my way to the showers and let the water kiss my skin. My head hung low as the water soaked every strand of my hair. Memories of last night flashes as I close my eyes.

**
-

"Karin? What're you doing here?" The blonde asked as soon as we both exited the car.

The British woman smiled at us, totally unaware of the frown on my face. Gone all the hours that I'm happily laughing with my best friend and sharing deep conversations that only the two of us could disclose to one another. We were so happy the entire weekend and I thought it will be consistent and a beginning of something new. Much to my dismay, universe would still fuck everything up even at this ungodly hour. I believe it's around midnight now. So, why is this woman here this late?

My question was soon answered when the woman in front of us explained her sudden appearance.

"Surprise?" She chuckles but, neither Cammie nor I find it funny. She explained further. "I was just around the area and you told me you guys will be home by midnight. And I thought I'd bring you some Thai food from the restaurant where I ate with a few clients from work. You've mentioned to me last time that marinated fried tofu is your favorite and I saw this at their menu. So, here.."

She handed the paper bag to my best friend. From the looks of it, Cammie appreciate the gesture so much. Her smile says it all.

"You really don't have to but, thank you." Her eyes locked with the British brunette. As if they're the only ones on Earth.

As if I don't exist.

"Well, it's the least I can do before I move back to London. I want to spend more time with you if that's alright?" Karin gazes at the blonde with hopeful eyes.

I wasn't expecting the answer I heard from my best friend. Two words weighing tons.

"Of course."