XII - (Part ii) - Escape the Almost

[Cammie's POV]

-
-
-
-

Words weigh more than actions, they say.

But, not all the time. Especially, if the person makes you weak in a single glance without uttering a single word.

Green.

The color of my eyes. Mixture of two shades---- blue and yellow. The color that I am staring at the mirror for the years of my existence. I could actually get used to it however, I'm not. Mine doesn't change from light calming green to dark alluring green to mysterious gray. Mine doesn't make my knees weak, palms sweaty, insides warm, and definitely, doesn't make my brain overdrive. Never knew I would get addicted to green. Either way, I never knew I would get addicted to the person herself. Hers that standout from the others. Probably, how I could I easily see her from the sea of the crowd----- it's because of those eyes. The eyes that could make make me feel like I am lost. The same eyes that make me feel like I am found.

'When I talk, look at my eyes, not my mouth.
'Cause, my eyes are speaking the words that my mouth cannot utter.'

That's what I always say, believing that the eyes convey the unspoken words of the mind.

As the casual conversation goes on, I found myself in my own world, observing them both--- or more like comparing them. After awhile, the two engage into the same topic while I kept quiet, going back to how the both of them differ when they look at me. Karin tends to gaze on my mouth like she's watching its every movement---- Or maybe fantasizing about my lips and maybe hinting me about a kiss. Her eyes always stare down my lips instinctively. Like it's looking on its prey. Karin's eyes shows hunger and I'm not denying that it feels good to feel wanted. That dark gazes show pure admiration at the same time.

But, Joanna's different.

She always locked eyes with mine. As if she is reading my soul. Listening to the unspoken words that only my eyes could speak. Reading between my lines. Understanding even my every pause.

And when I look at those green orbs I always love, it spoke volumes.

But she does look at my lips too. However, it's still different.

Joanna stare at my lips with wonder... ---innocence, interest, affection, and... love.

The way she gets shy and act awkward when she gets nervous and tensed. I find it really cute and... strangely, inviting. I was always left thirsty. 'Cause she's not the one to push herself. But, she's too oblivious of her effect on me. She has this strong pull. Like a huge magnet. I was always the one left wanting more. Nonetheless, she never took advantage.

Just like now. She kept on glancing at me and for once, I didn't look away. I let myself be caught gawking at her as my mind continues to ramble.

God, that kiss. That single kiss that made me raise my standards to the point that no one matches her lips. It's the best kiss I've ever had. My new found obsession. The way she bit my lower lip makes me see the moon itself even in broad daylight. So passionate and so intense. And, when those eyelids reveal those green gems again, it never fails to make me feel loved.

She's drowning me with mixed feelings. But I'm not complaining.

Joanna drives me insane. Weak is an understatement. She could be the death of me.

I was suddenly pulled out of my trance state when my brain registered what's playing in background. A very familiar song but, I can't pinpoint it's title nor the chorus. I took a long sip of my juice while letting the song sink in.