XX (Part2) - Finally

-
-
-
-

One of these days I'll have a heart disease or some sort. Or maybe my brain would snap and shut down because of stress and anxiety. I should probably sign a will and testament like Miles' told me to, so I still would have the chance to give my property and my Jeep and maybe tell my mom that I want the Pride flag laid on top of my casket. Ramblings aside, today's the day that I'll finally ask the love of my life to be my girlfriend. And it took me 8 years? Almost a decade to effing finally ask her. Talk about the most outdated story of the year. This is unnerving. No shit. I'm not panicking. Pfft. I'm just going insane. No big deal.

"Fucking stop walking around, Joanna!"    The raven-haired Latina rolled her eyes at me for the nth time.    "Fucking stay put, will you?! You're giving me more headache than ever."

I exhaled, for the nth time. I stopped counting after 10th.    "I'm just worrying, Laur. What if--- what if she bailed on me?? Or what if she says she-- she can't?? What if she wants to be just friends?"    My face fell after the last sentence I've said.

Lauren's deadpan expression didn't helped.    "What if you've gone mental, yeah? That's more of a possibility, don't you think?"

I sighed not minding what my cousin just said 'cause I can't argue with that. I might gone mental not even before tonight ends.

Lauren held my shoulders with both hands successfully making me look up at her. She wore a serious expression this time that tells me there's no more joking around.

"Listen here, doofus. Everything will be great, alright? Don't sweat too much. Camden gazes at you like you bring the stars up the sky. Are you not even aware how much she looks at you? Like ever?"    She asked but, I remained silent and just shook my head.    "Well, you should know now that she's giving you hearty eyes. And sometimes more. She loves you for sure. She'd been doing that ever since. The difference now is that she's not hiding it anymore. She's even more clingy than Camila. Hell, I told you, that woman clings onto me like a koala at times. Anyway, I'm not complaining. My point here is that, Camden loves you, Jo. Just believe in her. She can't afford to lose you. She wouldn't do such things like you said. You know her, she makes you her priority over anyone else even herself. Just... Just breathe, okay?"

I nodded and breathed like I was told. Just breathe. Yeah, I think I can do that.

"Okay. "   I weakly uttered.

She smiled at me this time.    "Okay. Well, go get your coat and leave now, Casanova."

I just nodded again and run outside. Taking that advice by heart. Just breathe.

-
-
-
-

I arrived at the Sivan 30 minutes earlier and I felt like I'm about to faint at any moment. I just asked the waiter for a glass of red wine and I was impressed with the choice of wine given to me which is apparently on the house from the owner himself as an early congratulatory gift. I made a mental note to thank Troye after this.

After my second and a half glass, I waited impatiently for my date while starting to count the seconds after the clock hits 6:30pm. Am I being stood up? Maybe fate is making me pay for all the girls I dated before (in which I never reappear after meeting them the first time). Or perhaps, she suddenly had some second thoughts about this and she decided that this is a bad idea.

I sighed. Here comes the negative energy suffocating me.

6:40p.m.

10 minutes have passed and I'm beginning to doubt the advice that my cousin gave me. Apparently, I can't breathe.

Okay, it's just a couple of minutes. Maybe, she's just late like the usual. No big deal.

Breathe.