XIII - Genesis

-
-
-
-

Broad daylight. Everything's bright. My eyebrows creased as my eyes squinted adjusting to light. I studied my surroundings...

Colours.

Different shades of loud and light ones. Some are being held like flags, and some are paints and some portrayed in a more creative way. Everyone's wearing smiles on their faces. I can't help but, smile to myself too. Even though, I have the least idea of what am I doing in the first place or where am I even?

Suddenly, a familiar voice pulled me out of the trance.

"Hey there! Joanna, right?"    A blonde woman with the most lively green eyes appeared beside me. I felt like I'm staring at a jewel, a gem... emeralds. I blinked a few more times to make sure if she's real. Sporting a gray long sleeves, black skinny pants, and a cream scarf around her neck; She's undeniably gorgeous. But, how does she know my name?

Her evergreen eyes bore to me as if waiting, and that's when I realized, I haven't responded to her. Shame on me for checking her out first. But, it can't be helped. The sunlight only made her glow like a goddess she is. Like maybe, God created her with all it's worth and glory. Everything about this woman shouts 'beautiful' and yet, beautiful is an understatement. The more I stare at her, the more my eyes can't get enough.

"Y-yeah, Joanna. I mean, I'm Joanna."    I stuttered, still awed by the blonde in front of me.

She extended a hand and flashed the most gorgeous smile I've ever seen. I wish I could see that smile until my last day on earth. I will never get tired seeing it.

I stared at her extended hand then, back to her. And maybe did it twice more. I reached for her hand and automatically, a smile crept on my lips. I could feel the warmth crawling up my cheeks. Her hand is so smooth and soft. A simple touch made my heart recognize what's missing in me. Her.

"I'm Cammie. Cammie Scott."

~*~

"Jo...? Joanna, wake up. Hey..."   I heard a sweet voice speaking and something shaking me, waking me up. Realization hitting me.

Its just a dream.

That was just a dream and yet, it felt surreal. I dreamt of a memory. One of the most precious memory I cherish; our beginning.

My eyes flutter open as it adjusted with the surrounding. My senses registers everything; soft comforters, heavenly scent, bright early morning as the sun starts rising. I squinted my eyes looking around until my eyes landed on something... green.

Emeralds.

From the blonde sitting on my bed looking down at me. I almost thought for a second if I'm still dreaming. Her eyebrows furrowed and as if on instinct, mine does too. Then, I lifted my hand and reached for her forehead, my thumb wipes off the crease in between her eyebrows. The simple contact crawls under my skin, enough to convince me that this isn't a dream now. My lips tugged upward and she reflected the smile.

Dream or reality, this woman is close to perfection. Those green pools as if life flashes before her eyes, pointy nose and flawless cheeks, feminine carved jawline, and those luscious lips. A perfectly god-sculptured face. And that smile with a twinkle in her eyes is indescribable... I'm madly attracted to this woman.

"Stop staring at me like that."    A hand suddenly covers my line of sight.

"Why? What did I do?"   I asked slightly confused although I have a hint of the reason. I held her hand removing it from covering my eyes.   "What's wrong with me staring at you? I always do that."