S i x

Josh needs Tyler to get more curious, so he's going to be on the look out for things he can do.

Tyler wakes up and does his usual morning routine. He takes a shower, gets dressed, and brushes his teeth. He starts to head downstairs when he finally picks up on the step squeaking twice. He hits the floor, the stair squeaking feeling up his ears. He starts heading to the kitchen when he stops dead in his tracks. The stair squeaked again. He hesitantly turns around and stares at the steps. No one is there. Really, Josh is there, but no one knows that.

Tyler greets his Mom with a good morning, while Josh looks around. He hasn't really explored since they moved in. He walks around the living room, going across the fireplace and admiring all the pictures on the mantle.

He stumbles upon one picture in particular. It's a picture of Tyler when he younger. His heads propped up with both his hands, he's staring up, and his mouth is open.

Josh chuckles and mutters, "Cute," under his breath

Josh chuckles and mutters, "Cute," under his breath. He views the rest of them and finds one with Tyler and his siblings, Zack and Maddy, asleep together. Josh chuckles once more before returning to Tyler.

"Will you, please, set the table?" Kelly asks Tyler over her shoulder. Tyler smiles and gives a small nod.
"Yes, Ma'am." Tyler replies, seeing as she's too busy with cooking breakfast to notice his nod of confirmation. Tyler grabs the plates and utensils and heads to the dinning room. Josh follows right behind him. Josh watches Tyler as he diligently set the table; he makes sure everything's neat and correct.

A minute later, Kelly comes in with breakfast. Tyler moves the flower, that is set in the middle of the table, to the part of the table that no one sits at. Kelly softly thanks Tyler, then neatly places all the food down in the middle of the table.

Josh quietly and quickly sits down in the seat that is always available. He's on one end of the table. Tyler sits down to the right of him. Soon, everyone comes piling in, filling the empty chairs. Maddy sits to the left of Josh, Zack beside her, Kelly beside Tyler, and Chris on the other end of the table.

The Joseph family starts fixing their plates; passing around plates, bowls, lemonade, and the syrup for pancakes. It's peaceful; there's small conversation here and there, and some laughs along the way.

That is until Maddy goes to place the bowl of grits back to where it was originally placed on the table. Her small hand accidentally nudges the vase, causing it to start rocking. The world seems to go quiet, voices fading out for Tyler and Josh. Suddenly, it tilts towards Josh and starts falling. Josh quickly grasps the vase, so it doesn't fall. Suprisingly, he was actually able to grab it.

A slightly raised feminine voice grabs Tyler's attention, causing him to shoot his attention to Kelly, who's calling his name.
"W-what?" Tyler asks, lump in his throat.
"I asked if you were alright, sweetie," Kelly softly smiles at him. He quickly nods his head, stuttering out a 'yeah' and turns back to the vase. No one seems to have noticed the tilted vase that isn't even flat on the table.

He stares at the vase as it's slowly laid back down, to where it's straight up. He scoots his chair out from under the table and stands slightly.

"May I please be excused?" he asks, his eyes still on the vase the entire time.

Written: 1/28/18-2/8/18 Words: 604
I really need to get inspiration and write write write. I've been so bad at writing and posting after the 'deadline' I made myself for chapters. Stay Alive, Frens💗

~Chloe