N i n e

Tyler slept peacefully the rest of that night. He woke up in a outstanding mood, he was ready to face the day. He had a mission, though. That mission was already in action.

Tyler quietly got out of bed. He wasn't sure if Josh was asleep or not, for he couldn't see him, so he didn't know anything. He slipped on a casual yet comfortable hoodie, then walked over and tugged on some black skinny jeans. He picked up his floral vans and slowly walked to his bedroom door. He slipped out and made sure the door didn't make a loud click sound when closing.

He lightly walked down the stairs, skipping over the stair that creaked. He quickly skipped to the front door. He cracked it open before turning around and looking at the dark qmpty room. He succeeded in bring sneaky. At least he hoped. He still didn't know if Josh was following him or not. He grinned before walking out the door fully.

He stuffed his hands in his hoodie pocket due to the cold late November air. It was nearing December; his birthday. He was wondering if this year was going to be different. He's much happier, that's for sure. He wasn't sure if his parents were going to try and get him to celebrate like they usually do. He slightly hoped they hadn't given up on him fully. One of the most things he was excited and anxious about was Josh. Josh. Was Josh going to celebrate with him? Is Josh really a nice guy? Does he really want to help?

His thoughts vanish when he arrives at his destination. He looks through the large windows at all the peculiar things. He hopes for the life of him that this will work. He walked through the front door with a chime of the bell. He slowly walked around examining everything, trying to find what he was looking for. He stopped dead in his track when he found it. He instantly grabbed it and rushed to the counter.

He rang the bell and waited for service. The cashier walked up to him and gave a big smile. He scooted the item closer to her on the counter while pulling out his wallet.

"Is this all?" she asked enthusiastically. She had a hint of question and wonder in her voice. He nods his head eagerly. She chuckles and rings him up. She gives him the total and he hands her the money.

"Have a great day!" she states enthusiastically once again. He reads her name tag.
"You too, Jenna!" he responds with just as much enthusiasm. His mom taught him to always be nice to others. You could make someone's day. You don't know what someone could be going through. Even one smile could change everything.

He practically skips back home. Even though the weather is on the verge of becoming snow. He has so much excitement and energy he can't contain it. He unlocks the front door and opens it back up to reveal it exactly like it was before.

He smiles and quietly jogs upstairs. He quickly but silently opens his door and takes off his shoes. He changes back into his pajamas and decodes to give it a shot.

"Josh, are you awake or here?" Tyler quietly asks. Tyler doesn't get a response back. He sighs.
"Can you turn on my lamp if you're here and awake?" Tyler asks hopefully. He waits a few seconds before he hears a tick and the light from his lamp fills up the room. Tyler grins.

"Okay, Josh, I need you to do something for me. If you can." Tyler shuffles with a small table and grabs the shopping bag. He gently takes out a box and opens it. He neatly places everything on the table. Josh comes and sits in front of him at the small table.

"You know how to use one of these, right?" Tyler asks, voice laced with hope, anxiousness, and excitement. Tyler gently places his hands on the planchette. A force pushes on the wooden piece and Tyler watches closely as it moves to 'Yes' on the board. Tyler giggles from excitement and happiness.

"It's really you, Josh, isn't it?" Tyler asks. Small tears build in Tyler's eyes. He's so happy.
"It's really me," Josh spells out using the planchette and the letters on the board.
Josh starts moving again, asking Tyler a question. This could be his only chance to get Tyler to make Josh revealed.

"d-o-y-o-u-b-e-l-i-e-v-e-i-n-m-e" Josh spells out, "Do you believe in me?" Tyler nods his head yes.
"I do believe in you, I do so much. So much!" Tyler exclaims.

What feels like a huge gust of wind blows Tyler back. He falls on his back and pushes himself back up with his hands.

"J-Josh?" Tyler asks quietly, fear evident in his voice. Red hair invades his vision as someone gets up and stands in front of his line of sight. Tyler looks up at them slowly.

"Josh?"

Written: 3/12/18-3/13/18 Words: 855
I am not saying go and play with or use a ouija board. I do believe in them, but I do not know what can happen if you use one. There could be good or bad. Please, do not think I'm telling you it's safe to use one!

~Chloe