8

The girls safely carry the boy inside the room and they carefully transfer him to a bed.

"Any idea what's going on?" Harriet asks Eliza.

"His vitals are stable, he's just in a coma. He will wake up but I'm not sure when." Eliza says.

"Alright then, keep a close eye on him and report of he does anything."

"Fancy that." Eliza says with a nod.

As the girls leave, Eliza sits down with a sigh. "Who are you stick?" She says frowning.

When she enters the room she sees the boy shivering. Huh? She wonders getting closer to him and she reaches out to touch his forehead. He's too warm. I better get his fever down.

She hurries to get a bucket filled with water and a towel.

As Eliza gets closer to him to wipe the sweat from his face she can't help feeling like she's seen him before. What's with them feeling familiar when I can't really remember them? She thinks to herself as she sits down.

She grabs the blanket and makes sure he's well covered. "Sammy!" She shouts.

"Yeah?" She hears from somewhere.

"Can you to Abigail and ask her to make some soup for the boy?"

"Fancy that, I'll be right back." She says and everything goes quiet, with only the steady sound of the boy's breathing filling the air.

She hears a knock on the door and turns around to see Sonya and Rachel walk in.

"It's Rachel's turn to be here." Sonya says. Eliza looks at her and asks if it's really okay for her to be here with her look to which Sonya nods. "She's in your hands now."

"Fancy that." Eliza says and signals for Rachel to come closer.

"So I'm guessing you're the closest to a doctor?" Rachel says.

"Pretty much, but obviously we are far from experts so we do the best that we can." Eliza says and Rachel nods.

"It really seems like you know what you are doing though." Rachel says.

"Yeah, I don't know why but I just feel comfortable with this job."

"Would you call me crazy if I told you that I want to be a mapper?"

"At this point, I think that the jobs call to us for a reason." Eliza says and Rachel nods.

"You mean, clues to our past right?" Rachel asks hoping she wasn't the only one that thought so. To her relief Eliza nods.

Sammy comes in and hands the soup to Eliza. "Thanks Sammy."

"Rachel, help me sit him up."

Rachel nods and holds him while Eliza slowly feeds him the soup. Once they are down they lay him down again.

The girls sit in silence, watching the boy sleep.

"He really seems familiar." Rachel mutters in a low voice.

"You think you knew him?" Eliza says carefully analyzing her reaction.

"I don't know." Rachel says with a shrug. "Maybe? It's bugging me that I can't remember anything." She says and looks down, resting her head between her arms.

Suddenly Rachel sits up startled.

"What's wrong Rach?" Eliza asks frowning.

"Oh...um...it's nothing." Rachel says sitting back down. I probably just imagined that. "I just dozed off..."

"Alright then." Eliza says.

Then Rachel hears it again. Rachel? Are you here?

I didn't imagine it. Rachel thinks to herself. It sounds like a boy, and he is the only boy here, but he's not even awake...

Shaking her head, Rachel excuses herself and goes towards the condos.

I'm probably too tired. She says closing her eyes and forcing herself off to sleep.