15

The next morning, as soon as Rachel finishes her breakfast, she rushes to the infirmary.

Peeking through the door before going in, she squeezes through the small opening and closes the door.

The room is dark and quiet, she can only hear even breaths and the sound of her feet pressing against the wooden floor.

After what seemed like an eternity, Rachel manages to get to Eliza's side, and takes a quick glance at the boy who has remained quiet.

When she looks back at Eliza she lets out a small yelp and Eliza shushes her.

"Keep it down Rach." She whispers.

"Sorry," she mutters, "I just wasn't expecting you to be awake."

"Well, I am." Eliza says sitting down and rubbing her left eye.

Through the little light coming from the window, Rachel can see Eliza's profile, her face delicate but still determined.

"How are you feeling?" Rachel asks.

"A lot better." Eliza says giving her a smile. "I think I'm going to walk around."

By the time she comes back to her senses, Eliza is at the door indicating for Rachel to follow her.

Eliza stretches her arms and takes a deep breath in, while Rachel follows from behind with her hands on her pockets.

Letting out a content sigh, she looks at Rachel and smiles. "You're too quiet Rach."

"I'm sorry..." Rachel mutters slowly looking up at her.

"Huh? Why?"

"You got stung because of me."

"I'm still here Rach, and who knows, maybe getting strung could help us find a way out."

"You could have died Liza!" Rachel says startling Eliza a bit.

"I didn't Rach, that's the only that matters."

As they walk around the forest they see a silhouette approaching them. The girls stop, and the figure gets closer and comes into view.

"Where were you Rachel?" Miyoko asks placing her hands on her knees. "I was looking for you."

Oh? "For me?" Rachel asks.

"Yeah, you're training with me today, let's get going." Without another word, Miyoko grabs Rachel's arms and drags her with her, leaving a chuckling Eliza behind.

"Have fun Rach." Eliza says waving at her and giving her a thumbs up.

Rachel hesitantly returns the smile and focuses on keeping up with Miyoko.

As if on cue, Eliza's stomach grumbles loudly making her a hand on her side. When was the last time I had actual food? She wonders and starts making her way to the common area to eat some food.

Abby smiles when she sees Eliza and hands her a plate. "Saved it just for you."

"Thanks." Eliza says taking it.

"But only this time stick." Abby says playfully.

"I know! Thanks Abby!" Eliza shouts as she walks away and takes a seat.

"It's good to have you back stick." Harriet says ruffling Eliza's hair and sitting next to her.

"Thanks." Eliza says giving her an eye smile.

"But take it easy okay?" Sonya says, "don't work yourself too hard."

"Fancy that." Eliza says and they continue eating.

After their meal, Eliza helps clean up. Sensing someone coming, she turns around and sees a frowning Harriet.

"What's wrong?" Eliza says setting down the last plate on her hand.

"The boy is awake. " Harriet says and Eliza goes in to take a look.

"What?" Eliza says in disbelief, "how?..." She doesn't complete her sentence but Harriet responds with a shrug.

"I'll go take a look." Eliza says and Harriet nods.

As they walk, Eliza has to take a deep breath and place her hand over her rapid beating heart. Is he really awake?

She had to force herself not to rush into the infirmary and bombard the boy with questions.

They slowly open the door letting out a long shriek and the boy looks at them wide eyed. He is sitting on his bed and they make eyes contact but he doesn't say a word.

"It's okay." Eliza says calmly and stays a few feet away.

"Well, he's definitely awake now." Eliza says breaking eye contact with the boy.

"He's awake alright," Harriet says, "But he won't talk to any of us."

The boy looks down and Eliza notices his hands tightly holding the blanket, making his knuckles white.

"Just give him some time Harriet, he just woke up and he needs time to process everything."

Aris is finally awake! After forever!

I would also like to thank those sticks who read the story, big hugs for you!

Also a special chapter is coming soon.....

Until next time!