26

Even though they have a flashlight, the light seemed to be swallowed by the darkness making it hard to see. Once their eyes adjusts to the dark, Aris and Rachel start moving around, separating to search faster.

Rachel slowly walks around trying to not to wake any grievers that might still be there, until her foot taps something and she lights it with her flashlight.

She lets out a relieved sigh as she sees that it's not a griever that she bumped into but some sort of computer.

Over here Aris! Rachel says pointing at the computer.

Aris hurries over and turns the computer on, taking over as Rachel watches over her shoulder.

They hear a sound above them and they both let out a scream when something lands inside the hole.

"Relax guys," Eliza says, "it's just me and some other sticks. Harriet sent us to protect you in case any grievers attack."

Aris nods and goes backing to typing in the words. As he types, the ground above them shakes making Aris jump a little.

Rachel looks at him alarmed but he gives her a reassuring nod,  "I'm almost done Rach."

***

The girls stand in position with their weapons ready as they wait for their signal.

A griever cry echoes through the maze corridors and soon the ground shakes indicating that they grievers are nearby.

"Guess they discovered our plan huh?" Harriet says looking at Sonya and Aimee who are next to her.

"How's it going?" Sonya shouts.

"Almost there." Aris shouts back.

"You sticks go ahead, we'll hold them off for as long as we can."

A few girls are about to protest but Harriet gives them a stern look that warns them not to disobey.

"Get in position sticks!" Harriet shouts. "It's going to be though, but we need to buy them more time."

The girls look at each other scared but tightly get together forming a small barrier with their shields.

"Aris, I think the grievers are coming back." Rachel says alarmed.

"I know but it's not letting me put in the last word." He says sounding agitated.

"Let me try." Rachel says and they switch places.

She gives it a go but it doesn't work either. "Why isn't it working?" She mutters under her breath. "We can't be wrong right?"

"What if not a word but an action?" Eliza says.

"She's right!" Rachel says looking at Aris. "Maybe we missed something."

The group starts looking around until they find a button that says

kill the maze