Epilogue

As ten girls run outside the building following their rescuers, they stop on their tracks as they see the sky darkening above them, the actual real sky and not the fake one that they had been living under.

The man looks back and waves at them to continue following them. Once they reach the school bus, the rescuers get on the bus and get ready to leave.

"Alright sticks." Harriet says clapping her hands. "Take it nice and slow, start boarding the back of the bus as you go in." The girls nod and do as she says. Aris and Eliza are the last ones to board the bus.

As Eliza was about to step into the bus she feels someone hold her arm. Her eyes widen when she sees a man with blood shot eyes and torn clothes, missing chunks of hair.

"He can't save us" the man said pulling Eliza's shirt. She was terrified and she couldn't understand what the man was talking about "who?" She asks the man "the boy" the man says "the boy?" Could he mean Aris?

"What boy?" She insists, the lady breaks Eliza free from the man's grasp but she only heard one part, it sounded like Tom.

As soon as she is free Aris pulls her closer to him and into the bus. They take the seats in the front, Aris taking the side with the window. Together they watch the bright sun illuminated world, so different from the stade.

As they drive through different landscapes the sky starts growing darker. Eliza looks behind her and notices that most of the girls are sleeping. It almost seems like we are going on a field trip and not like we just escaped death.

She hears a shaky breath next to her and notices Aris wet cheeks. She reaches out and grabs his hand giving it a light squeeze. Aris smiles a bit and looks out the window wiping his tears.

It's okay to cry Ari. She says and he nods slightly, feeling her own tears flow as well.

Thank you. He says and squeezes back.

Then they stay silent until she falls asleep with her head on his shoulder. Later she feels the sought of his head on hers, and she smiles a bit.

She feels herself been shaken and opens her eyes squinting as she does so.

"What's going on?" She asks rubbing her eyes.

"We arrived."

"Where?"
"Hopefully somewhere safe."

They go into a big gym. A few gasps and excited chatter can be heard through the gym.

"We know it's not much but it's what we have for now." The lady says and a group of other adults approach them. Instinctively the girls start getting close together and holding onto each other.

"Don't worry," the woman says, "we have prepared some food for you so just help yourselves, you can also shower over there." She says pointing somewhere in the distance.

The girls take their places and start eating without hesitation.

"Maybe this isn't so bad." A girl says.

"I really hope so."