18

Per Aris request, Rachel and Eliza stayed by his side to ensure that his life wasn't threatened again, after all he could have some valuable information to share according to Harriet.

Both girls took turns keeping watch, and for the first time since waking up, Aris was able to get some sleep and rest.

Sleeping was way different from being in a coma, at least now he got rest knowing that he would wake up the next day and move around.

After gathering his last thoughts, Aris took in a deep breath and fell asleep, hearing Rachel's even breaths next to him.

***

The next morning Aris feels someone shaking his shoulders and opens his eyes to see Rachel. He smiles a bit a slowly gets up stretching his muscles.

"Comes on Ari, we gotta go or there won't be any breakfast left."

"Alright, I'm coming Rach." Aris says with a yawn.

As they make their way towards the common area, Eliza waves at them. Rachel smiles and they sit together.

The meal is stay quiet, until Harriet approaches the group.

"Fishy," Harriet says placing her hand on Rachel's shoulder, "you now the drill, it's your turn to give the new stick the tour."

"Um...okay, I mean fancy that." Rachel says looking down.

Harriet gives her a satisfied nod and goes to the other table with Sonya and other girls.

"I guess we should start now." There are some important details you need to know. Rachel says and Aris nervously looks around. "That's Beth," Rachel says slightly turning her head in the girls direction. Let's just say she doesn't like us much, so you should be careful and stay away from her. Rachel says and Aris nods. "And the girl next to her is Hanna. She's one of the nicest sticks around, nothing compared to Beth. If you ever need help with something, Hanna will help you out."

They both turn to the table where Harriet and Sonya are sitting. "You met Harriet, and her second in command is Sonya. I guess we can consider them the leaders here. Along with them is Miyoko, and the girl she's talking to is her right hand Aimee."

We can trust them. Rachel says. They are not necessarily our friends but they are not our enemies either.

What about the girl that....

Oh, her.....well I don't see her around right now but....

As if on cue a hand slams on the table. "So, I see you're awake." Ximena says. "Let's see how long you last." She says with a glare.

"Stuff it Ximena." Eliza says. "Give it a rest." She says returning the glare and Aris looks at her surprised.

"Whatever, I'll see around."

Before they could say anything else two more girls join their table making Aris jump a little.

"So, Aris right?" Hanna says. "Some sticks say that you know a way out, is it true?"

Aris opens his mouth but no words come out.

"It's okay," Aimee says, "not all of us are mean like Ximena, we try to not keep any secrets." She says with a smile.

"Well.....if what I remember is right.... I think we will get out of here soon." Aris says looking at his mug.

"All right!" Hanna says throwing a fist up in the air. "Count us in stick."

"Yeah, let us know if you need any help." Aimee says.

"What are guys talking about?" Rachel asks.

What do you think? Something big is coming.......

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Thanks for reading sticks.