5 - Maine

"I'm marrying you, that's it!"

I saw how his jaw dropped pagkatapos kong sabihin yun. His whole face including his ears were so red, not just of embarrassment but also with anger. Everyone was quiet for some seconds until he stands up and  stare at me with his deadly eyes as he laughed sarcastically.

"Your not a good joker Ms. Sotto."

I calmly remain in my seat, witb legs crossed, displaying my cold face that i am good at. I then looked at him and smiled.

"I know, coz im not that kind of person Mr. Faulkerson. I never joked with regards to this matter."

"Do you really think that i will agree with you?" He asked.

"And do you really think you can decline?" I smirked.

"I'm sorry dad but i don't like participate with this mess you are about to get into. Spare me and the company." He coldly said as he talk to his dad but never left his eyes on mine.

"Why? Afraid to end your bachelorhood?"

"You don't care about my private life." He angrily said.

"Don't worry. We'll just going to be married by paper, Faulkerson. I don't care about you or your relationships. Do whatever you want. All i need is your surname, no more, no less." Call me cold or what, i don't even care. That's all i need from him though.

Everyone gasped with my words.

"Mavie!" Dada said.

"Can you please, give us some time to talk? Just me and him." I asked to two old men.

"Anak you don't need to..."

"Let me handle this one, just this one." I asked them. "Tito Richard, please."

"Let's go Vic. Don't act recklessly Rj, listen to her side too." Tito Richard said.

The two men went out leaving us alone in the room. I looked at him and smirked as i saw him look at me as if he's killing me in his mind.

"How about a deal Faulkerson?"

"At nagawa mo pang mag-isip ng deal ngayon? Unbelievable." He mocked, i smirked.

"That's true, i am really unbelievable!"

"Your so full of yourself woman!" He shouted.

"And your such a jerk!" I shouted back.

I then we both stay quiet for some time.

"Why don't you sit down and listen to my proposal first?"

"Heck with that proposal." He answered

"10%..." he looked at me, both curiosity and wonder written on his face. "I'll transfer 10% of the shares i have in your name right after you sign that piece of paper i need."

"What?" He asked

"Don't get me wrong. This is purely business Faulkerson. Just what i said, all i need is your name, nothing more. After the ceremony, we part ways, you live your life, i live mine. I won't barge into you personal life, you can date, hook up at flirt with anyone you like, i won't mind at all, just do it privately that no one can see you. Im sure you make things privately too. I wont say a word, unless you made something that can taunt my name, nor my plans."

"You..."

"And don't worry, as soon as i finished taking what's mine, we can easily file a divorce. It's an easy thing to do though."

"So you already planned all this huh?"

"I did. I've been thinking of this since i've decided to take back what's mine. And now that i'm starting my plan, i don't like to take it back. I need to give justice my dad deserves."

I took something in my bag and put on the table. I then grabbed my bag.

"Think about it Faulkerson. 10% is not just a small part of MGC as we all know. Just give me a call if you've already decided. Hope you consider this business proposal Mr. Faulkerson." I said before i left him.

Paglabas ko ng restaurant ay sinalubong agad ako ni Dada at ni Tito Richard. Both with worried faces.

"How did it go?" Dada asked

"Nag-away ba kayo? Let me apologize for Rj's behavior ija." Tito Richard said.

"Don't worry Da, Tito, we calmly talk inside."

"So what did you talk about?" Tito Richard

"Let's give him some time to think about it Tito. I'm sure he'll give me the answer in no time."

"If that's what you think is for the good." Tito Richard

"So, it's nice to meet you Tito. I still need to do some things with Dada."

"We haven't even eaten yet ija."

"It's ok Tito. Maybe next time.?"

"Hihintayin ko yang next time mo Mai- Mavie." He said with a smile

"Sure Tito."

And umalis na kami ni Dada. Tahimik lang kaming habang bumabyahe noong una hanggang sa nagsalita na sya.

"Can you tell me what happened after we left you?"

"Don't worry Da, i'm fine. We just talked."

"About?"

"I made a deal. If he'll agree with the wedding, i will give him 10% of my share in MGC, right after we signed the marriage certificate."

"Anak, you don't need to do this... you're about to sacrifice yourself in the process, Mavie..."

"Da, i know your worried of me but i already decided and planned all of this. I just got lucky that Tito Ricky has a son i can get married with. I feel relieve after all."

"Anak, do you really think marriage is just that easy?"

"Da, this marriage is just purely business. It's a deal Da. Right after i claimed everything that's mine, we'll file divorce as soon as possible."

"Mavie, walang divorse sa Pilipinas!"

"That's why we are going to get married abroad..."

"Anak, lahat ba ng itatanong ko may isasagot ka?"

"Da, just what i said a while ago, i already planned all of this from the start. Just let me do it. All i need now is your support."

He just sighed and looked at me. I know he'a a lot worried. Ayaw ko lang ding ipakita sa kanya na kinakabahan din ako para sa kinabukasan ko.

I then look at the crazy, scary and busy street outside, i closed my eyes, breathe in and sigh.

"I hope my decision is right..."