14

Someone's POV

Everyone's enjoying the party. Almost everyone in the Upper Class and people behind those big businesses are present.

Calming sound of music was heard. Laughters of women talking about fashion and such and chats of men about business as usual lang ang maririnig.

Then the door opened making everyone looked at the big ballroom's entrance revealing a very beautiful pair.

"Mr. Faulkerson!" A man in his late 50's welcomed the pair.

"Mr. Dela Vega... Happy birthday Sir." Rj greeted the celebrant.

Galit ang unang naramdaman ni Mavie pagkarinig palang ng pangalan ng taong sumira sa buhay nya, ang taong pumatay sa ama nya. Rj felt Mavie's hand held his arm tightly so he looked at her and tapped her hand, making her look at him. He just nod at her, making her loosen up her grip.

"And who's this lovely lady you are with." The old man said.

"First of all let me give my present to you." He hand him their gift. "Happy birthday Sir."

"you don't need to but thanks anyway." The old man said.

"And before i forgot, i want you to meet my girlfriend, Maria Victoria Sotto, you can call her Mavie, and sweetheart this is Mr. Antonio Dela Vega, the Chairman  of Mendoza Group of Companies." Pagpapakilala ni Rj sa dalawa.

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir." Mavie extended her hand in a handshake but Mr. Dela Vega took and kissed her hand instead.

"It's my pleasure too. Rj's lucky to have such a jewel like you for him to keep."

"I'm more lucky to have him beside me Sir. Rj's a good man, he respects and value me, his family and his friends too. If im a jewel then i'll be more satisfied and happy to know that this man's my keeper." Mavie answered with a smile in her face. Making the old man smirk.

"You found the right woman for you Rj."

"Yes i did Sir." Rj said proudly.

"So enjoy the night kids? I'll see you around later." The old man big goodbye leaving the two.

Mavie's not taking her eyes from Mr. Dela Vega. Rj look at her examining her reactions.

"They'll suspect you have a thing with Mr. Dela Vega if you'll look at him like that the whole time Victoria."

"Yes i always have that thing for him, and i can't wait for the right time for it." She managed to say.

Then a waiter walked passed them making Mavie took a glass of drink. Iinumin na sana nya ito ng kinuha naman ni Rj ang baso sa kamay sya saka iinum.

"It's mine, can't you get your own?"

"I promised your Dad that i won't let you have even a drop of alcohol in your system sweetheart and i don't want to break my promise again." Bumaling naman sya sa waiter saka humingi ng juice para sa kanilang dalawa.

Inirapan lang sya ni Mavie at napangiti nalang din sya.

"See that men talking with Mr. Dela Vega?" Rj said getting all of Mavie's attention.

"Yes... Mr. Santiago and Mr. Vellanueva, i knew them,,, the others... they all look familiar, but i don't know who they are."

"They are all the board of directors of MGC. They are all under Mr. Dela Vega." Rj

"So the killer's pets i think?"

"You can call them that."

"I already acquired Vellanueva and Santiago's shares. I'm now holding 25% of MGC under my new name and 10% under my true name. I'll be having a meeting with Mr. Kim next week to give him an offer he can't decline in exchange of his 15% shares in MGC."

Rj just nod his head and admired Mavie's skills in business.

"You work fast sweetheart."

"I should honey. Time's ticking and i don't want to waste it."

"I'd rather be working slowly but safe than fast yet tricky." Rj commented

"I'm working fast cozi  already have my plans ahead, Mr. Faulkerson. I've been planning this for more than half my life and i won't get myself in a situation i can't handle."

Rj raised his hands, a sign as if he's retreating...

"Ok, ok, relax sweetheart. I'm just trying to warn you, . ."

"I don't need your concern Faulkerson. Just mind your own business." Sabay irap.

Rj jut smirked and mumble enough for Mavie to hear.

"That's what i'm doing... minding you..."