11 - Rj

I don't know how to act after what happened. The whole drive to the hospital is quiet coz i'm just pointing her the way. I can't even talk, i'm just alternately looking at her and the road.

"Stop staring at me. Where to go next?" She stiffly said.

"I... i'm sorry... t-turn right." I said. Mabuti nalang at natatakpan ko pa ng panyo nya ang mukha ko dahil kung wala, she might see how red i am right now. "T- thank you for bringing me to the hospital."

"Thank me later, and refrain from talking for now." She said.

I just nod and look at the road. After some minutes, ww arrived in the hospital and i was directly taken to the ER.

"Can you sign this up sir?" The nurse said.

"Let me, thank you." She then took the paper. "Name..." she asked

"Richard R. Faulkerson Jr."

"Age..."

"27"

"Just give me your id so i can fill this up without you talking..." she then said.

Nabilis ko namang kinuha ang id ko at binigay sa kanya.

"What happened to you mister?" The doctor asked. I was about to say something when she started talking.

"His lower lip is bleeding. He got a punch from my Dad." She directly said making the doctor look at her in awe. I really admire this girl's direct attitude.

"May i look at it? Please take that off." The doctor said as he gained himself. "I see. It's just a small cut, no need for a stitch. But expect some bruise, cold compress will do. Are you feeling dizzy or sleepy?"

"Not at all Doc." I answered

"Ok, but i suggest for a x-ray. Just to make sure, sometimes kasi a punch might cause head trauma so just like i said, to make sure your fine, an x-ray test is fine."

"Do whatever is necessary Doc." She answered.

Then i was ushered for the test while she remained in the emergency room. After i was done, we returned to the ER and waited.

"So, everything looks fine, just make sure to clean it from time to time." The doctor said

"I'll make sure he will Doc." She answered and the doctor smiled.

"You're lucky to have your girlfriend taking care of you Sir. Payong kapatid lang, makipag bati ka na sa Daddy nya para di ka na ulit masapak. Be good to your future in-laws to avoid problems in the future." The doctor added

"He's not my girlfriend Doc. She's my fiancé. Don't worry, i'll make sure to talk to him."

"Ow, good. If you'll just be good in talking and telling him how much you love his daughter, i'm sure he'll accept you and your wedding will be having a go signal from him." Sabi naman nya ulit.

"Hopefully Doc." I answered

"Alam ko ang ganyang feeling. Dumaan din ako jan kaya suportado kita! Sabi nga sa korean novela na kinakabaliwan ni Misis... fighting!" He said making Mavie chuckled...

She smiled... she laughed... again... and it makes me smile too. Her laugh keeps on ringing in my ears... I felt relieved and happy. My heart beats faster than the usual.

What is this? This can't be, do i ... am i...?