25 - RJ

Day 7

"Sir, the conference room is ready. Everyone's waiting for you."

"Sam, do i have anything to do after this?"

"You have a lunch meeting with Mr. Chan of the MC Group Sir, then you are free after."

"Good. Let's go."

Inside the conference room. Everyone's concentrating with the data displayed on the screen while a certain someone's attention is out of the room, specifically out of the country. He is not really listening to the Head of the Finance department. His thoughts are all about Mavie.

He is looking at his phone all the time. His phone buzzed to see a messaged from Mavie.

"Just got home from work. My day is a bit hectic but its fine. Nana called and i talked to them for a while. They're still in Zambales. Baste said he missed us both. So i just told him that we'll visit as soon as i arrive. I'm starting to miss everyone. Masyadong tahimik. Walang Masungit na Rj na kabangayan ko lagi. 😊. Btw, i'll be home earlier than what i said before. See you in 3 days.

He smiled and called his Secretary then whispered something. Sam just nod and looked at everyone.

"Gentlemen, the CEO wants to have a short break. Thank you."

In cue the people started to dispurse. Sam closed the door. As soon as Sam left, he took his phione and dialled her number. After some rings, Mavie's sleepy voice made him smile.

"Hey..."

"You're disturbing my beauty sleep."

"My bad but im not sorry."

"such a jerk."

"So you said you changed your arrival schedule?"

"Hmmm. I finished everything today. All im left to do is to visit the orphanage we are supporting tomorrow then im free to just go get some stuffs to bring there. Would you like some? I'll try to get it if i can."

"You being home is enough for me. I just missed you here with me."

"... I missed that too..."

Rj just smiled.

"Just hurry home Love. I'll be the first to meet you in the airport after 3 days. Hurry home and be safe ok? Update me as always."

"I will."

"Now go back to your beauty sleep. I'll call you again tomorrow."

He then heard a soft goodbye from Mavie. He just smiled like a fool.

"Good night, see you in 3 days. I missed you so much. Love you."

He haven't heard any reply, he's sure Mavie is already asleep. He ended the call and pushed a button next to his laptop. Then people started to enter, and the necer ending discussions about the business continued.

Before lunch, he left the office with his secretary. They went to a fine dinibg restaurant in BGC. There they were welcomed by Mr. Chan and his subordinates. The lunch meeting was good and successful brand alliance. Between MC Group and FGC.

"I'm going somewhere after this Sam. You can go home early if you want."

"May kailangan pa po akong tapusin Sir. Sa opisina lang po myna ako didiretso."

"Is that so? Then just call the company car to pick you up. If someone from ky family asked if where i am, tell them im on my way to Batangas."

"Masusunod po Sir."

"Btw, cancel all my appointents next week. I'll be on a leave that time but make sure to report everything to me, ok?"

"Noted Sir."

"By the way, Sam."

"Yes Sir?"

"You are free that days too. Dont worry, its a paid leave. If you want, you can bring your family to one of our resorts. Just message me where so i can call them and made a free pass for your whole family."

"S- sir?"

Rj smiled at his secretary.

"You've been with me since the start and it seems like i havent given you a proper vacation except the mandatory ones."

"Sir, you are not firing me right?"

Rj just laughed.

"I will never do that. So, go spend some time with your family, you can use one of company cars if you need. Just make sure everything's secure on the top floor and no one enters my office."

"I noted Sir."

"Then I'll go now. Have a great time with your family."

"Have a safe drive and thank you Sir. Have a great time with your family too."

Rj just nod and drove his car away. He smiles as he saw Sam calling someone on the phone. He seems happy as he talk.

"You work so hard dealing with me and the company. You deserve it."

After driving for a coupke of hours. Rj arrived in their ancestral house. He was then welcomed by his Yaya Ten

"Naku na bata ka. Hindi ka man lang nagsabing uuwi ka na. Naku nakapag tanghalian ka na ba?"

"Tapos na po Ya. I had a lunch meeting with some clients. Si Dad?"

"Lumabas saglit para bumili ng mga project material ni Angel for school. Andito na yun maya maya. Aba'y himala na wala ka sa opisina ngayon. Hindi naman weekends and wala namang okasyon."

"I just had a successful brand alliance with the Chans. Plus i just finished almost everything with my work. I asked rhem to free my schedule from today till next week. Mav will be back in 3 days so i planned to have some time with her so we can talk about some important things."

"so you are planning to have a leave?" napatingin sina Rj at Yaya Ten sa pinagmulan ng boses. From there they saw his father with his little sister.

"Kuya!"

"Hi bunso!" Rj said and carried his little sister

"Answer me first Rj."

"That's why im here Dad. I need to tell you something as well as i need to ask  you a favor."

"Then lets go talk in my office. Ya, pakidalhan kami ng kape sa taas please."

"masusunod po Sir."

Kumilos na ang lahat. Rj is about to follow his dad when a small hand stop him

"Help me with my project Kuya."

"I'll just talk with dad then i'll help you with that. Ok?"

Angel just smiled and nod. Rj tap her cheeks lightly and he followed his father.

INSIDE THE OFFICE:

The fatger and son are quietly having coffee in a while when Richard Sr. asked his son.

"So what is the important thing that you want to tell me?"

"Dad, Im inlove with Maria Victoria..."