7 - Maine

"Maine, we need to talk."

That's what i heard from Dada right after we entered our house.

"I need some rest Da, can we just sleep and talk tomorrow?" I said and he was about to say something when Nana stopped him.

"Let her rest Vic. I know your both tired and exhausted."

"I promise Da, we will talk tomorrow. I just need some rest. Good night." I said and walked to my room.

It's a long day for us, i know Dad's upset and worried of my decisions but i don't have any choice. I sighed and i was about to enter my room when i heard Dada and Nana's voice.

"I really don't know what she's thinking right now Pauleen."

"I know your worried, i'm worried too but just like what you've said, Maine is old enough to know what is right and wrong."

"But her decisions are so impulsive. I'm just afraid that she'll regret all of this or worst she'll hurt herself with her plans. It will be the death of me too."

"I know, i love her as my own daughter too, i can't blame you, you're just concerned and worried, i understand you and even if i can't understand Maine, i will still understand her. We should understand her, and relax, i'm sure she'll talk to you, i know how much Maine love and respect you."

"I hope so..."

Their conversation made me think if i really did what's best. I then get inside my room and jumped to my bed, hindi ko na namalayang nakatulog na ako.

I then wake up, i look at the clock beside me and it's still midnight. I look at my clothes. It's still the one i used during the meeting. I lazily stand up and took a shower. After changing, i decided to go down to grab something to eat.

Pagdating ko sa kusina ay may note na nakadikit sa ref.

"May ulam at kanin sa microwave initin mo nalang kapag nagutom ka. I love you anak. - Dada "

Napa ngiti ako sa note nya. I love him more. I love them all. I though he was mad but then he is not. I was busy eating when i heard someone clearing her throat. It's her. I knew it.

"Masarap ba luto kong adobo nak?"

I nod and smiled at her.

"I love it."

"I know. Gusto mo pa? Meron pa sa ref ipag-iinit kita."

Tumangu lang ako ulit at napangit nalang din si Nana.

"Na..."

"Hmmm?"

"Is Dada angry?"

"Alam mo namang hindi kaya nyang Dada mo na magalit sayo diba? A little disappointed but he's not angry."

"I admit, i did an impulsive decision but i just thought that it's better to be married to someone we knew than with some stranger at all. Besides i feel safe with that cold beast, at least alam namin na hindi namin type ang isa't isa diba? And everything's just purely business."

"Anak, i know, may point kadin jan pero syempre you know you Dada, he's just worried and his over protectiveness will always be there especially when it's about you." She said and sat beside me after re-heating the adobo she made.

"I understand."

"Just talk to him and i'm sure he'll understand."

Tumango lang ako ulit at kumain na ng ulit.

"Why are you so good with cooking Nana?"

"Coz i need to cook for you and your Dada. I practices a lot, alam mo yan."

"Sabagay, i saw how much effort you give and how much ingredients you waste just to perfect this dish Na." I said

"Talaga lang ah?"

"Peace Nana... i love you!" I said

"Speaking of cooking... If you planned to marry that Rj guy, you should start to learn cooking too Maria Victoria."

"In his dreams... i'll never cook for him."

"Anak, he is helping you with your plans, wala naman sigurong masama kung pasalamatan mo sya sa pamamagitan ng pagluluto ng pagkain nya diba?"

"Na, i will cook just for myself, kung gusto nyang kumain edi magluto din sya. I did not marry him to be his cook, besides, we are in a win-win situation, no need to thank him."

"Wag magsalita ng tapos Maria Victoria. Baka sa huli kainin mo yang mga pinagsasabi mo."

"Let's not talk about him, Na. Nawawalan ako ng gana..."

"Naku Mavie, kailan ka pa nawalan ng gana pagdating sa adobo? Ha?"

"Sabagay..."

Napatawa lang kami ni Nana. I'm just thankful i have them in my life. And there's another addition soon. Another unwanted yet needed BEASTLY addition. Hope he'll not be a trouble!

-Z💛