26 - RJ

"Dad, I'm inlove with Maria Victoria."

Katahimikan ang bumalot samin ng Tatay ko. I know he's thinking something. He then put his cup back to its place and looked at me seriously. I havent seen him these serious outside work though.

"You know what are you getting yourself into right?"

Tumango lang ako sa kanya.

"You are old enough to decide for yourself RJ, but i just want to remind you, this is not goibg to be easy for you too. Mavie has her own reasons why she went back here in the first place. She is not here for leisure, anak. She is here for justice and many more, more important than love."

"I know Dad."

"Alam na ba nya?"

"I haven't said anything to her yet. But i talked to her family first. Tito Vic and everyone in the family gave me their blessings already."

Napangiti lang ang Tatay ko.

"A very Faulkerson way in pursuing a lady."

"I know Dad."

"Are you planning to tell her the soonest?"

"No plans at all Dad. I want her to cencentrate with her plans first. Besides, kakasabi nyo lang, kanina na she has her reason in coming back. Ayokong maging sagabal sa kung ano mang mga balak nya. All i want now is to be with her and support her in anything i can. My feelings can wait."

"If that's what you wanted. I'll support you anak. Mavie is my bestfriend's daughter. I'll be happy if she'll be my daughter-in-law too."

"Kahit naman hindi ko sya mahal eh ikakasal naman talaga kami Dad. Its part of her plans anyway."

"i mean a daughter-in-law for real Rj. Yung walang divorce na involve."

Nagkatinginan lang kami ng Tatay ko.

"Support her Rj. Be with her always. Stay coz she'll need you not just her pretend husband, but she'll need a person like you to be her friend, her pillar, her support. She might be strong outside but i know she is not that hard inside. She needs all of us especially you Rj."

"I promise to be with her Dad."

After our talk, i went back to my room and slept for a while.

Hapon na ng lumabas ako. Just what i promised, i helped my sister qith her project. I even spend time to play with her.

"So, Kuya, Yaya Ten told me about Ate Mav. I can call he Ate right?"

"Of course. She'll be happy if you'll call her Ate."

"Is she beautiful Kuya?"

"She is, just like you."

"Then Yaya Ten is right. She is beautiful."

"You know things about her too?"

"Yaya told me stories. She said a lot of things about Ate Mav. I hope i can meet her too."

"You wanna meet her?"

"Yes. She's your girlfriend. And Yaya said she's pretty too."

"She really is pretty. Dont worry i'll let you meet her when she's back from the US. Ok? I know you'll like her."

"Hmmm!"

My sister smiled and hugged me.

"Kuya, you like her?"

I looked at my sister.

"And paano mo naman nasabi yan?"

"You look so happy while talking about her."