Chapter 7: Insecurities

Elore's POV
This chapter written by hyenagal

I had water-burnt myself the night before while washing dishes. Of course I had been wearing gloves, I wasn't stupid, but I hadn't accounted for how much backsplash there would be. For the most part it was just my wrists and arms that were burnt, however there was a large spot under my left eye from a spoon.

Was I going to tell Saria? Of course not. After the grief she had given me for doing dishes at all, I certainly wasn't going to tell her I hurt myself doing them. It was really embarrassing being scolded by someone you could easily pick up and throw. Fortunately, she would only be able to tell if she really inspected my arms and saw that my scales had dissolved in some places.

I let my eyes open after pretending to sleep for a while. I was still a few hearts short on health, thanks to that spoon. Breakfast would probably take care of that quickly.

I suddenly realized there was something resting on top of my chest. I looked down. It was my crystal, tightly attached to a chain. I smiled and picked it up, pulling the chain around my head.

I sat up. It felt better now. More secure. I picked up Saria's package from the night previous and inspected it. It looked safe, but nonetheless I didn't trust it. We hadn't taken care of it after dinner like we should have. I'd fallen asleep too soon.

I stood and walked toward the kitchen. Saria was already cooking. I stepped inside, being careful not to hit my head.

She turned around. "Morning, Elore!" She smiled brightly.

"Morning." I mumbled. She turned back to her work.

I set her package on the table and cleared my throat. "Saria..."

Once again, I had her full attention. I hated that feeling. Couldn't she be even a little distracted?

"Don't burn whatever you're cooking." I scowled. "And you should probably see what's in your package."