Chapter 13: Ow?

Elore's POV
This chapter was written by hyenagal

I watched Saria leave the room before I examined my wounds. There were few spots on my skin where my scales hadn't dissolved to near nothing. My shoulders had been worn down beyond the skin, to red, bloody flesh. My neck was covered, but it was still nearly as bad.

I peeled off my arm bands. The water had soaked through when I'd fallen in that puddle, so my forearms were just as ugly as my shoulders. And my hands, ick, my palms looked disgusting. My fingers were numb from the damage.

I examined my legs next. They appeared the best off of all of me, that is, until my feet. The soles of my feet were...not pleasant to the eye. I nearly vomited again just looking at them.

I shifted to look at my back. Left behind from my movement was a pile of black scales. Any that hadn't dissolved away were falling off without the others to hold them. My skin would be tender for days.

I sighed. Saria was going to realize just how serious my injuries were. There was no hiding them.

She walked in just then, wearing one of Murphy's t-shirts. "Hey, Elore, what do you--" she froze when she saw me, not positioned in any way to hide my most serious wounds. "Elore..."

"Ow." I deadpanned. That was all I really knew how to do. It wasn't like I could feel it anyway.

Murphy walked in. "Oh golly... I guess we need to get you patched up."

"It would be appreciated." I poked my left foot. "Since I'm not even entirely certain anything is functional anymore."

Saria knelt next to me and took my hand. "Is water really that damaging?"

"Well, I mean, most of my body is water soluble. It melts when it gets wet. I'm just glad I have a defense where my nerves shut off."

Murphy had begun bandaging my feet. "If this is part of the responsibilities that come with loving Saria, I guess I better get used to it."

"More often than not I'll be saving your butt." I clarified.

"I'll go get more for you to eat." Saria stood back up. "Once your health is full, you'll start healing those injuries."

I nodded. "Thank you."