Chapter 23: Payment

Elore's POV

Saria was not okay and I knew it. But she insisted. I let it go. Murphy and her has grown closer than she and I. He could handle it.

I turned away from her and padded to the kitchen. Samuel was oddly quiet, although he had been a lot lately.

"Samuel, you're a good sword fighter, correct?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow. "I guess? Why?"

I glanced at Saria in the other room. "I have to keep this crystal on my neck to keep myself from becoming aggressive, but in my passive form I'm completely defenseless. I need to be able to fight." I touched the end crystal hanging around my neck.

"So you want me to teach you?"

"Yes, please."

He looked at me suspiciously. "Do you know something that I don't?"

"No. I don't know any more than you." I reassured him.

"Fine then. Craft yourself a wooden sword and we'll start this afternoon. But I won't take it easy on you."

"I'd appreciate that." I teleported away to find some wood.

I didn't know what Saria was seeing. I didn't know what dangers lay in the overworld. I didn't know who was out for my blood. But I did know that I couldn't be cowering behind a player and a cat. I am a monster, I am a demon of the night, and I would not die until I had repaid my debt to Saria.