9

"Good news," Yoongi said to his older brother who just came home from work. "Mr. Kim might just be gay."

"Really?" Jin hyung's eyes grew big with excitement.

Yoongi deliberately waited a few seconds before continuing, "Bad news. He has a boyfriend."

"God dammit!"

Jimin laughed as he sprawled himself on the carpeted floor in front of the TV, playing with Holly.

Yoongi smirked at his brother who in turn pouted.

"Don't worry hyung." Jimin said softly. "One day you'll find someone for you. Someone who would love you unconditionally. Someone who sees past every flaw to see how beautiful you are."

Yoongi didn't even realize he had been staring at the boy at his feet. Not until Jimin sat up to face him, pulling him close by his shirt so the tip of their nose touched each other.

"What?" Yoongi asked, trying to sound as annoyed as possible.

Jimin giggled and his breath brushed against Yoongi's lips. "I thought you have bad eyesight. You might be able to see me better if I come this close."

"Much better thank you." Yoongi muttered.

"Urgh stop being lovey dovey in front of me please."

They both turned to look at Jin hyung who was walking towards his room.

Jimin giggled and got up to reach for his bag. "I should go now."

"You're not staying for dinner?" Jin hyung asked as he peeked out from his door.

"Not today." Jimin smiled at Yoongi. "Mom's alone. Dad's coming home late. At least they won't be fighting."

Yoongi nodded. Jimin told him about his ever-arguing parents, how he usually stayed over Yoongi's house after school just so he wouldn't be in the same house. It was bad for his heart.

"I'll see you tomorrow in school, Yoongi."

"Oh I'm not going tomorrow. It's mom's anniversary."

Jimin's smile dropped and turned tight lipped. "I'll miss you then."

Yoongi rolled his eyes at the boy. "It's just one day, Jimin."

"Yeah," Jimin smiled again, "bye then."

———

"That was tiring." Yoongi said out loud.

He looked over at Jin hyung who was lying down on the couch, his arm draped over his eyes.

Jin hyung must have been even more worn out, with all the cooking he did for the family and mom. Especially mom. He really out did himself on the offerings this year.

"Hyung, go rest. I'll clean up." Yoongi nudged the older at the knee and turned towards the kitchen to grab a trash bag. He heard Jin hyung's door clicked shut a few seconds later.

He took out his phone and looked at the messages he received. There were from two different senders.

 There were from two different senders