29

Classes, assignments and part-time job put a strain to Yoongi and Jimin's relationship. Especially since it was the older's final term in college.

They weren't fighting and Yoongi had even thought it would be better if they were.

For now, they rarely even spoke to each other with no specific reason.

Less than two months ago, they were making out in Yoongi's room, almost going all the way if Hoseok didn't interrupt them.

"What happened to you and Jiminie?"

Yoongi winced at the pet name. Of course there was a distance between the two but to hear Hoseok calling Jimin by that name made him annoyed for some reason.

"Nothing's going on." Muttering out his answer as he flipped his textbook pages, Yoongi sighed looking at all the words he had to memorize by next week.

"That's exactly why I'm asking. Nothing's been going on at all. He hasn't been here for a while now. You guys still together?"

"Yeah. We're just busy."

"Well, I'm busy too but I still make time for my girl. You should too." The boy on the opposite bed paused and narrowed his eyes towards the pale boy. "He is the girl, right?"

Yoongi had never been so quick to flung a pillow towards another person.

He was annoyed, yes. Irritated even. But Hoseok was right.

—————

"You okay, Yoongi?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah."

Silence filled the air, except for some rustles of dried fall leaves.

"This is awkward."

"Yeah." Jimin pressed his lips together and somehow Yoongi missed those lips, but not to the point where he really wanted to kiss them.

"You haven't texted me. Why?"

"Why haven't you?"

"Don't be selfish, Jimin. I texted you for three years and never gave up once."

"Yeah except when we are finally together."

Yoongi looked at Jimin who was gnawing the insides of his cheek. The younger was right. Not once had he texted Jimin after Busan. Why didn't he?

"Yoongi, do you still want to be with me?"

For the first time in his life, Yoongi lied. "Yes."

Chuckling, Jimin looked away for a while before turning back to the older. "You're so bad at lying."

Fuck.

Jimin wasn't crying. He really wasn't. But that was what made it so heartbreaking for Yoongi, because right now, Jimin's voice broke when he spoke, his lower lip quivered as he held his tears in.

"I guess that answers everything." Leaning closer, Jimin briefly pressed his lips on Yoongi's and it seemed he lied to himself as well earlier - Yoongi did miss those lips to the point he wanted to kiss them. "Bye, Yoongi."

Words Yoongi wanted to use to call Jimin back, to stop him from leaving stuck in his throat and the more he tried to cough them out, the more it sounded like he was groaning in anger.

Yoongi walked quickly back to his room. Holding on to his chest, he felt like throwing up. He could even feel bile coming up to his throat and stayed there.

Leaning against the toilet bowl, Yoongi tried to vomit it out. But nothing came out. Even after trying to swallow it down it wouldn't work.

He tried everything but that lump was still there in his throat.

Taking out his phone, Yoongi sat on the cold tiles and leaned against the closed door. He wanted to ask Jin hyung what was wrong with him.

But he immediately knew why.

Unlocking his phone, Yoongi was now face to face with Jimin - the damned high school photo that Yoongi still kept as his wallpaper.

Before he knew it, the lump travelled from his throat to his eyes, making them feel hot and soon, it came out as tears.

Sobbing, he knew why he didn't want to be with Jimin.

Right now, Yoongi was the one who ran away.

———

Double updates coming up since unnie was late to post this 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😘