Hangin' Out

We soon arrived and knocked on Keith's door. We were soon greeted by Keith.

"Hey guys! You didn't text me," Keith said.

"Right. Sorry about that bud."

"Nah it's cool. Come in."

We entered Keith's home, a small apartment, and followed him upstairs. Although, the majority of his apartment looked small, he had a pretty large room. He had a queen sized bed along with a couch, his TV, and a desk that had his iMac and another tv that he used for his Xbox. Odin plopped himself onto the couch.

"This is nice," Odin said.

"Thank you. Right now it's a bit of a mess, but I'll clean up later. You guys can use the computer or TV if you want."

The iMac caught my attention the most. I loved computers, and I especially loved Apple. I took my phone out of my pocket.

"Hey Keith, can I charge my phone?"

"Yeah, just go ahead and charge it next to the bed."

I put my phone next to the bed and connected it. Keith lied in his bed while I sat at his desk.
Odin was sitting on the couch and using his phone.

"Hey, would it be alright if I used your computer," I asked.

"Yeah, go ahead. Let me just put the password."

He logged into the computer and I was greeted by the home screen of the iMac.

"Wow, this is nice. Can I check the specs?"

"Go for it. Oh and, what's your password?"

I looked at him and saw him with my phone in his hand. It was a pretty new phone, so I didn't really mind him messing around with it since I didn't have anything personal on it yet.

"For my phone? It's my birthday," I said.

He unlocked my phone and I turned back to the computer. After about two minutes, Odin got up and showed us a picture of a really cute girl.

"Hey guys, what kind of TBH should I write for this girl?"

"I usually just write that I think they're really cute or something. Do you know her personally," I said.

"No, I just just have her on instagram."

"Well maybe just tell them they're pretty or something," Keith said.

"Alright." Odin started typing and I went back to the computer. I continued doing research on how to write a good story until Keith startled me.

"Doki Doki Literature Club?"

My phone was new, but not that new. I had forgotten that I had saved footage from the game for a YouTube video. I immediately jumped and tried to get my phone back from Keith.

"What! Wait it's not like that! It's actually a game with twists! I know what it looks like, but it's not-"

"Relax, I know what it is. Dude that game scared me."

"You do? Wow, everyone else that I asked didn't. Well like, I have those videos on there since I made some videos on the game."

"Wait, what are you talking about," Odin asked.

I went back to the computer. "Look let me show you."

I logged in and showed them a video I made of me playing the game. Odin was a little confused, while Keith knew exactly what it was.

"But why are you playing that game," Odin asked.

"It's actually really cool, you should try it Odin."

"Yeah, you'll like it," Keith said.

We continued to watch my video for the next twenty minutes. I referenced some of the scarier parts since I was supposed to show that I was a returning player of the game. The references just confused Odin even more. After the video, we continued to watch some more YouTube videos on other things that weren't Doki Doki Literature Club. After three more videos, I took control of the computer again. Odin and Keith went back to using their phones.

"Hey Keith, can I change your computers background," I asked.

"Yeah, just make sure it's not scary. I don't want to freak out every time I need to check something for work."

I googled "Just Monika" and found an image to fit the size of the twenty seven inch computer screen.

"Just Monika," I said.

Keith looked at the computer. "Come on, why Monika? She killed Yuri!"

"Aww dude, Yuri. But like, just Monika! I'm gonna leave it here so you can wake up to it tomorrow."

"At least change it to Yuri or something," Keith said.

"Nah man, just Monika! Don't change it!"

I faked a maniacal laugh and shut off the computer.

"Danny, what was that," Odin asked while laughing.

"Just Monika!"

"He left a picture of Monika on my computer," Keith said.

"Who's Monika?"

"Monika's the perfect girl! And Keith is gonna wake up to her tomorrow! Oh, and I need to do something else!"

I turned the computer back on and was greeted by the picture of Monika. I went to Keith's notes and started typing "Just Monika" over and over. I then copy and pasted it multiple times. Keith saw me doing this.

"Danny, what are you doing?"

"Open your notes, Keith."

"No! Delete that," he said.

"Alright."

I deleted the note, but it had to load for a little while since I typed so much.

"Hey guys, it's getting late," Odin said.

"Are you guys gonna stay over," Keith asked

"Maybe another time, I have martial arts practice in the morning. How about tomorrow night," Odin said.

I thought about it for a bit. "Ever since the incident last week, I don't think I'll be able to stay over."

"What incident," Keith asked.

Me and another friend got into trouble for some stuff. My mom found out about it and it caused a lot of stress between some parts of my family and his.

"Me and a friend got home late, that's all I'm saying," I said.

"Alright well, it's all good. Let's try to hang out tomorrow if possible," Keith said.

"Yeah, definitely."

"Hey do you guys need a ride," Keith asked.

"Yeah, if it's cool," I replied.

"Yeah, come on, let's get to the truck."

We all followed Keith outside. Odin went to his car and Keith took me to my house. After we arrived, I went inside and thanked Keith for the ride. My family was already in their rooms, so I just went to mine. I watched Netflix until I eventually fell asleep at around eleven o'clock.