Good Morning, Monika

I woke up to my phone alarm that I had set up at 7:30 in the morning. I felt bad for waking Monika up this early, but I needed to sneak her out and make a plan for how I was gonna keep her a secret.

It seemed as though Monika woke up, but then she adjusted herself and went back to sleep. Yesterday must've been exhausting, so I'd understand. I gently moved her shoulder.

"Monika, we gotta get up. We're gonna go back to Keith's house. You can sleep some more when we get there."

She slowly got up and rubbed her eyes. "That's the first time I've ever been able to sleep without everything going so crazy."

I was a little confused as to what she meant by that, but I just dismissed it.

"I'm gonna go tell my mom that I'm gonna go for a run. Then I'm gonna call Keith and see if he can pick us up and hopefully he'll let you stay over there for a couple of hours."

"Wouldn't it just be much simpler if I stayed here?"

"Well, yes. But it'd be weird explaining to my family how you came to be."

I'm surprised that slipped her mind. Well okay, I wasn't that surprised. I'm sure it would take some time for her to get used to how the real world worked.

"Ah, okay," she said.

"Just stay here. I'll be right back."

Monika nodded and I left the room. I went to my moms room to let her know that I was gonna go for a run. I quietly entered and whispered while I approached my moms bed.

"Mom?"

I whispered a little louder.

"Mom?"

She moved a little bit. "Yes honey, what is it," she asked.

"Could I go for a run?"

"Okay, just make sure you bring your cell phone with you. What time is it?"

"7:30."

"Okay, call me if anything. You can go, I give you permission."

"Thanks mom."

I left the room and went back to the guest room. Monika was lying on the bed. It seemed as though she fell asleep. I decided to just leave her be and get ready. I took a shower and got dressed and did all the usual things. I didn't eat breakfast though, since I was pretty sure Monika and I would just fall asleep again at Keith's house. I went outside and called Keith. He answered soon after the second dial.

"Hello?" He sounded pretty tired. He must've just woken up.

"Hey Keith, would you be able to pick us up?"

"Sure, but who's us?"

"Me and Monika!"

"Oh right, I forgot. Yeah I'll go pick you up. Are you guys ready?"

"Yeah, we're ready. Thanks Keith. We'll wait here, just text me when you're outside."

He hung up and I went back inside. I went to the guest room and woke up Monika.

"Hey Monika, Keith is gonna be here soon."

She stretched and rubbed her eyes again. "So we're gonna go to his house?"

"Yeah, I think so. You can take a shower there also, I'm sure he won't mind."

"Alright then, if you say so."