Some Time Togther

I walked into Keith's apartment. It was already six o'clock, but I finally had the rest of the day to spend with Monika. I entered Keith's dads room and saw Monika lying on the bed.

"Hey Monika."

She immediately got up and hugged me. "Danny, where were you? You didn't answer my texts."

"Sorry Monika, there were some difficulties, but everything turned out fine." I took the cash out of my pocket. "And I made a lot of money in the process."

"Well, I'm glad you're okay Danny. What exactly did you do?"

"Ah that's not important. I really just wanna spend some time with you right now."

She smiled. "Aww Danny, you're so sweet, but I'm curious!"

"Alright, I'll tell you. I went with a friend..."

There was a knock on the door.

"Monika?" Keith was calling from outside.

"Keith, it's Danny."

He walked in. "Oh Danny, you're back. Did you open the door right now?"

"Yeah that was me, sorry."

"Oh it's cool buddy. Just wanted to be sure."

He left the room and closed the door. I told Monika about Cain and what we did. Some of the more dangerous parts concerned her, but she continued to listen. I left out the part where I sabotaged the guys truck, because while thinking back to it, I realized that, that was definitely too much. I soon finished telling Monika the story.

"So yeah, they turned out to be pretty cool."

"Well I'm glad you didn't get hurt. You got to be careful Danny, I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you."

"I'll always come back, Monika. As long as we're together, I'll never leave."

We lied on the bed and cuddled with each other. Although, I didn't feel like much happened today, I felt pretty exhausted.

A couple of minutes later, there was another knock on the door.

"Come in," I said.

Odin walked through the door. "Hey guys."

I got up and gave Odin a fist bump. "Hey bud what's up?"

"I just came over to hang out. What are you up to?"

"Well right now I'm feeling pretty tired. I think I'm gonna take a nap."

"Ah I see. Well it's cool bro, me and Keith will be upstairs when you wake up."

"Alright, thanks bud."

Odin left the room and I lied back down with Monika.

"You feel tired," she asked.

"Yeah. I was really looking forward to spending them with you, but I don't know if I can stay awake."

She smiled. "That's fine. We can sleep together."

We cuddled with each other and got into a comfortable position. I slowly started to fall asleep as we hugged.

I later woke up to Monika making some odd noises. She was breathing deeply and occasionaly making a sound that sounded like moaning. An "Oilo Danny" from upstairs soon followed after. It sounded like Keith. I turned to Monika and saw her holding her hand on her chest.

"Monika, are you okay?"

"Ah, my chest hurts."

"Oh shit, hold on."

I immediately searched for my phone on the bed. Something was happening to Monika, and I had to help her. After quickly searching, I couldn't find it. I got off the bed to continue searching.

"Hold on."

I kept looking for it, but to no avail. It was as if someone took it.

"Monika, where's your phone?"

I heard somewhere that even though a phone is disconnected, it'll still be able to make emergency calls.

"I don't know. I think it's by the tv."

I ran to where the tv was, but the phone wasn't there.

"It's not here. I'll be right back, I'm gonna get Keith's phone."

I didn't wait for a response. I immediately ran upstairs to Keith's room. I needed to borrow his cell phone. Upon approaching the door, I immediately pushed it open. I found Keith and Odin vaping once again.

"Hey Danny!"

"Keith, call 911. Please."

"Uh sure. Is everything okay?"

"I think Monika's having a heart attack. Call them please!"

He immediately dialed and called.

"We need an ambulance. My friends girlfriend is having a heart attack."

He told them the address and they continued to talk. I went back downstairs to comfort Monika. All I could do was hope that this wouldn't be the last time I see her. I opened the door and saw her lying on the bed with her hand still on her chest. She was still breathing deeply, but it calmed down a bit. I sat next to her.

"It's okay, Keith's calling the paramedics already."

"Danny, I think I'm okay."

"Are you sure? I think you should get checked, just in case."

She sat up. "Yeah, I think I'm feeling better." She smiled like nothing happened.

"I mean, if you say so. I'll go ahead and tell Keith to cancel and let the paramedics know you're alright. Just let me know if you feel anything else, okay?"

"Okay."

I headed back upstairs to let Keith know that Monika was alright. He was still on the phone.

"Keith, Monika feels better."

"She does? Are you sure?"

"That's what she says. Go ahead and tell them she's fine."

"Okay, I'll let them know."

I headed back downstairs since I was sure Keith could handle the situation. I went back to the room and saw Monika sitting up with my phone in her hand.

"Oh you found it," I said.

"Yeah, sorry, I was lying on top of it."

"That's fine. So you sure you feel better?"

"Yeah I'm sure."

"Alright. Well what time is it?"

She looked at my phone. "1:18."

"Alright, we'll let's go back to sleep. Wake me up if you feel anything else, okay?"

"Okay."

I lied down next to Monika and hugged her. "I love you so much, Monika. I hope you sleep well."

"I love you too, Danny."

"Goodnight, Monika."

"Goodnight, Danny."

I allowed myself to fall asleep while hugging Monika.