Are You Okay?

Monika and I went to the kitchen. Keith was standing by the oven, most likely waiting for the lasagna to finish.

"Hey Keith, how's the lasagna," I asked.

"Hey, you're looking better! Yeah, The lasagna should be ready soon."

"Cool. I'm gonna be in the room with Monika, could you tell us when it's ready?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thanks bud."

Monika and I headed back to Keith's dads room. Monika lied in the bed and I lied next to her. I immediately hugged her and brought her close.

She giggled. "Danny, you're so cuddly all of sudden."

"I just missed you so much, Monika. I don't want to be away from you ever again."

"Aww Danny, you're so sweet, but you don't want to at least put a movie or something while we cuddle?"

"I just want to hear you breathe, my darling."

Okay, maybe that was a little too much.

She let out a nervous giggle. "Eh, alright."

We continued to cuddle, but it seemed like Monika was focusing on her breathing instead. It was as if she was trying to be as quiet as possible. My last remark must've made her feel a bit weird.

Or very weird.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make this awkward."

She smiled. "It's okay. Let's just cuddle."

"Talk to me though! Tell me a little bit about you."

"Ah well, I'm sure there's not much about me that you don't already know."

"Monika, what's your blood type? Do you think we share the same kind of blood?"

Ah Danny, what are you doing?! I knew I was being creepy, but I couldn't help it.

She looked nervous. "Well, I'm not sure, honestly. Do you know yours?"

"O positive. Tell me more about you! Please."

"Uh, Danny, are you feeling okay? You seem a little on edge."

"I'm great! Hell, I'm doing better now that you're here next to me."

"Well, alright. Let's just try to calm down a bit, okay?" She let out a nervous giggle. "You look like you're gonna sweat."

"What? I'm calm! I'm just sweating 'cause I love you so much!"

"Uh, okay. Well, uh, hey! Let's go check on the lasagna! I'm sure it's ready already."

"No! Let's just stay here. You and I belong together. We don't need to leave, as long as we're with each other, we'll be okay."

"But uh, I'm kind of hungry. Could we eat before we spend our time here?"

"Okay my love, anything for you."

She got off the bed and quickly walked to the door. I followed her to the kitchen where Keith was standing. The lasagna was out and Keith was already cutting it.

He was using a very large knife.

"Oh hey, you guys ready to eat?"