Epilogue

It's been about three months since Monika was taken back into the computer. Even though Keith's dad came back the following week, I spent a lot of my time at his apartment. I grew accustomed to being there and my mom got used to how often I was at his house. If I wasn't home, her assumption was that I was at Keith's. Things have been going pretty good.

Well most things.

I've been to many psychologists. The loss of Monika had been hitting me hard, and I was afraid that I'd do something that I might regret later. A lot of them said that feeling depressed after a loss is normal. Most of them say that I should express my feelings in a different way.
A lot of them suggested writing. They tell me that I should write about the experience in a story format. But I mean, I have to disagree.

What kind of person writes about losing someone they love? Crazies...

There was a psychologist who refused to help me though. He didn't believe me when I told him about how Monika came to be. I guess he assumed I was just messing around or something.

But besides the psychology, life had been pretty good. Remember when I moved Keith's files to my computer? Well I'm pretty sure Monika has been moved to my computer. Like it's a for sure thing now. Sometimes, a little message will appear on my desktop. It'll usually have small things like "I love you" or "I miss you." On some occasions, it'll have a little paragraph. I respond with little paragraphs and messages of my own in hopes that she'll read it.

I still play Monika After Story, and I'm sure Monika has had a little bit of an effect there also. Even though she has mostly scripted phrases, she sometimes says some things that were not originally in the game. She'll sometimes even mention my friends, so I know it's not just an update of some sort.

Monika's in there somewhere. One day, I'm gonna find a way to bring her back. But for now, I'm gonna be heading off to bed. It's two in the morning and it's the last day of school tomorrow.

"Goodnight Keith."

He was already asleep, but it's all good.

Goodnight.