"Free" Friday

I woke up at around eleven o'clock. There wasn't gonna be school for four days, so I didn't need to worry about waking up early. I was a little surprised though. Monika was sleeping next to me, which was strange.

She'd normally be up a couple of hours before me.

Ah well, that's not something to really think about. She was probably tired due to yesterday's events. I checked my phone and saw some texts from my mom. I texted her back and told her that I'd be staying at Keith's for this four day weekend. I wasn't exactly sure if she'd approve, but I didn't care. I just wanted to spend time with Monika. No more having to deal Kyle or his gang. I'd be able to focus on Monika, spending the days and the nights with her. Ah, just the thought of it made me smile. I headed to Keith's room and grabbed some clothes from his closet. He was asleep also, so I made sure not to make too much noise. I then headed back downstairs and got ready in the restroom.

After my usual morning routine, I headed back to the room with Monika. She was barely getting up from the bed as I entered. This was the second time I saw her with, what was it...

Bed head? Morning hair do? Well something along those lines, I'll just use bed head.

This was the second time I saw her with bed head, the first being last week, on the night that I helped her out of the computer. I actually liked the bed head look. It was just something that I found really attractive on girls, and Monika was no different. I approached her and hugged her.

"Good morning, Monika."

"Oh, good morning Danny."

"Did you sleep well?"

She rubbed her eyes. "Yup."

"That's good. So what do you feel like doing today?"

She let out a small giggle. "I just woke up, Danny."

"Ahaha, right. We'll figure it out later."

I lied in the bed and Monika grabbed some of her clothes to go take a shower. I checked my phone again and saw some more texts from my mom. She just told me to stay safe and to call her if I needed anything, which was perfect. I could put my complete focus on Monika. I used my phone while I waited for Monika to come back to the room.

After some time, Monika came back. She was wearing her black skirt with her black and white striped long sleeve.

"Hey Monika," I said as she entered.

"Hey Danny."

She lied in the bed next to me and used her phone. I did the same. I started looking for a new butterfly knife online since I realized that the one I had was low quality. There was a lot of handle play and the blade seemed like it was bent a little. I guess that's what you get for eight dollars. I'm just glad that I didn't have one of my friends use it, the quality of the knife might've ruined their chances of survival.

Monika continued to play Color Switch. Did she really stay interested in it? Or did she play it 'cause it was the only game she had?

"Hey Monika, you're not bored with that game?"

"Well, it's pretty repetitive, but I like trying to beat my score."

"Well I could show you a few other games. So that you won't have to stick with the same one."

"Cool, thanks Danny.

She handed me the phone and I went to the AppStore. I wasn't sure what kind of games she'd want, so I downloaded Solitaire, and AdVenture Capitalist. I handed her phone back to her and she continued to play Color Switch while the other games downloaded. I just kept looking at butterfly knives.