Chapter 9

Ch. 9

CASSIE'S POV

I laughed as Niall and I watched different celebrities go up on stage and go all emotional. Some were sincere and sweet, but some actresses were completely fake. One Direction was only here for appearances so we know they won't be picked. Which is a good thing considering I have no idea where they are. As the event ended I headed with Niall out to his car. I thought we were going to the hotel but instead he parked at a deserted road. I gave him a look. "Niall, what are we doing here?" I asked giggling as he opened the door for me and I got out.

"I haven't been able to spend enough time with you. Follow me." He said smiling and pulled me with him through the woods. My dress wasn't really bad for this kind of thing. I wore a black cotton dress that had a zipper going down the front and a brown belt around my waist and boots and my hair nice and curly. You could say I look like a cow girl but in all honesty, I felt beautiful tonight. It wasn't only my outfit. Niall made me feel so happy and warm inside, and his eyes were so sure and I could tell he meant everything he said. That's why I feel beautiful tonight.

We walked out of the woods and came to a small clearing for a small pond. I looked around and saw a blanket laid out and a picnic basket. I grinned turning to Niall. "You are so sweet!" I laughed hugging him tightly and kissing his cheek. He smiled watching me as I ran over to the blanket and sat down. He just stood there so I looked up with a grin. "I'm starving... Wanna join me?" I asked then realizing he'd probably think I'm a pig, I eat so much. He laughed running to me. "I've never met a girl that could eat so much... Its a miracle!" He said excitedly and kissed my cheek sitting beside me.

I smiled and so much I thought my face would get stuck and freeze I was smiling so much. I got out the food and we ate happily in silence. When we finished all the food we set the basket to the side and looked out to the water. "Gosh, this bracelet is pinching me. But it's cute." I sighed. "Gotta keep up the appearance." I mumbled and Niall looked over at me and sighed as well. He grabbed my hand gently and brought it up to his face. He removed the bracelet and kissed the back of my hand. I blushed and smiled. "The best accessory I've seen ever in my entire life, is that smile that seems to always be there playing on your lips." He said and laid down on his back.

I almost squealed at his cute statement but I kept it in as I laid beside him. We looked up at the stars and I felt him reach for my hand slowly, making sure I was okay with it. I smiled and surprised him, turning over a bit and pulling my head on his chest. And he was nervous about holding my hand. He smiled silently to himself and wrapped his arms around me. "I really like you a lot, Cass..." he stopped himself short. "Actually... I love you, Cassie. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked biting his lip expecting me to say no. I kissed him passionately. "Yes." I said and smiled, falling asleep in his arms.