Chapter 8

"Sensei he is over here" called a voice and I stirred a little sitting up yawning and rubbing my eyes.
"Kuroki, thank kami you're okay" Kakashi sighed as he hobbled into the clearing I was in with Hinata, Shino and Sasuke. It seems it was Shino that found me with the help of his bugs.
"What's up?" I asked with a yawn.
"What's up?! You didn't even bother to come back last night, we were worried that Zabuza had got you or worse" Kakashi burst out and I rolled my eyes a little.
"Even if they wanted to, Zabuza and Haku won't come after me and if you are worried about Gato he is simply a civilian with a lot of money" I said looking at them.
"We read up about Zabuza, Gozu and Meizu, they betrayed the Mizukage and tried to kill him, therefore if you help them again you will be seen as an enemy to the leaf village" Kakashi told me before they turned and left me.
"Betrayed huh? But who truly betrayed how first" I scoffed. Soon enough the days passed by and I decided if I couldn't be seen helping Zabuza, Haku, Gozu and Meizu I would simply do it in the shadows so when I felt Haku's chakra in a clearing I walked towards it, leaving a clone with my 'team'.
"Ah Kuroki wasn't it?" Haku smiled and I nodded.
"Yeah I have a message for yourself and your group. Do you mind if I go back with you?" I questioned and he looked at me, gauging me and my threat level.
"We owe you a lot, very well" Haku decided and I followed after him after he got the herbs he wanted.

"Haku what took......Gaki" Zabuza said looking at me.
"Hello Zabuza, I come here with a deal" I smiled.
"Oh? Since you have helped us out I will at least listen though I promise nothing" Zabuza warned and I nodded.
"I planned to tell you this when you attacked again but since Kakashi has decided that if I help you guys again I am a traitor to the leaf. I would have to come sooner but I had to give them the slip now. The reason you are working for Gato is to get money to try and kill the Mizukage, yes?" I asked and they nodded.
"If I was to tell you, you don't need that money and that Gato plans to betray you based on his records, would you kill Gato and his men then leave the wave village in peace?" I continued.
"Wait a minute, how would we not need money?" Gozu questioned.
"Right now in the Mist village there is a civil war going on. A woman called Mei has seen the corruptions of the Mist and with her and her group they are trying to set things right. I am sure if you explain what truly happened they will accept you with no worries" I explained.
"How can we be sure she would?" Haku asked curiously.
"The thing that tipped her off to the coruptions was your attempt to kill the Mizukage after she dug into everything, she told him to resign he didn't so now they are fighting" I answered.
".....Very well Gaki we will take care of Gato and then leave to the mist we owe you quite a deal after all and you have proven we can trust you" Zabuza decided and I nodded, happy that they wouldn't be killed now.
"I am going to have to head back now. I promise you that Mei will take you in if she doesn't. You are free to do whatever you want to me," I promised and they nodded as I left back to my clearing and continued on training. I made my clone come to the clearing before disappearing so that I didn't arouse the suspicion of my team. Soon enough the villagers realised that Gato was dead and they celebrated though they just thought a deal went wrong while Tazune finally finished the bridge bringing hope back to the wave village.