Chapter 11

The next morning I slept in for the first time in my life but I decided to have a bit of a lazy day. I went for a shower before doing my normal morning routine that stretched and exercised so I wouldn't be out of shape or pull anything I should. With that done I decided to head to the lake so I could go for a swim, it was both relaxing and training. I don't know how long I had been swimming but I knew it had been a while since I had wrinkly hands, at the moment I was just on my back looking at the clouds.
"Cannonball" someone yelled and instantly I was splashed with water making me splutter a little and wipe the water away from my face to see Kiba, Naruto, Sakura, Ino, Shikamaru, Choji, Asuma, Kurenai, Lee, Tenten, Neji and Gai there. Before I was in Iruka's class I had been in Neji, Tenten and Lee's class but while they passed the genin exam I failed so I was moved to Iruka's class so it had been a while since I had seen them.
"Ha?" I asked, confused.
"Iruka saw you coming this way and told us we thought you could use some company," Kurenai giggled, making me smile a little.
"We did invite team seven but they said they were busy," Naruto explained and I nodded.
"It's fine" I said and then got into a splashing fight with Kiba and Naruto having a fun day. Even the sensei joined us in the water, Neji and Shikamaru were going to stay on the bank but I jumped up grabbing their shirts and pulling them in giving them no choice but to swim with us. Even though they acted like it was horrible I could tell they were enjoying themselves, in fact I think everyone was having a good day.

After that day I went back to training each day but every time I did either team eight, team nine or team ten would be 'passing' by and come to train with me not that I minded much but it kind of hurt that team seven was still rejecting my offers of training.
"Good morning my genins, I have decided to enter you in the chunin exams" Kakashi announced, making me blink a little.
"The hokage gave permission for a four man team to enter, it is going to start tomorrow so sign your forms and hand them in at the door" Kakashi eye smiled and they nodded while I agreed before they left. Sighing a little I walked around wondering what I wanted to train in today. After all I need something light that wouldn't take much chakra as well as not hurt me so I could be in top form for the chunin exams.
"Watch where you are going brat" a voice scowled and I looked up to see a guy in a full black suit that looked like he had cat ears and face paint holding Konohamaru up. I knew him because Asuma introduced me to him a few days ago.
"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" I asked him, the lady with him and Konohamaru look at me.
"Kuroki" Konohamaru cheered and was glad to see me.
"You listen here just because you are from another village here for the chunin exams doesn't mean you can just disrespect our hokage like that nor can you harm children" I glared, angry that they thought they could pick on someone smaller in our village since they were from the sand village.
"Who do you think you are?" the boy demanded.
"My name is Kuroki and if you do not put Konohamaru down this instant I will take measures to insure you do place him on the ground" I said my glare deepening.
"Kankuro maybe we should go, this guy doesn't look like he would mess around" the blonde woman with him warned.
"Ha he is probably all talk and no game" the boy laughed so I acted using my speed I grabbed Konohamaru and was back on my spot before they blinked making them look at me shocked as I placed Konohamaru on the ground.
"Are you okay Kono-san? Your uncle and grandfather must be worried about you, they didn't harm you did they?" I questioned looking him over for any injuries.
"No I'm fine thanks Kuroki-onii-chan" Konohamaru smiled and I smiled back at him.
"You little bastard" Kankuro snarled reaching for the thing on his back
"Kankuro that's enough" a voice said and I looked up at the chakra source I sensed before.
"So you decided to show yourself instead of just watching" I stated looking at the three of them, the two on the ground looked at me shocked while the one in the tree glared.
"I will say it once more, just because you are here for the chunin exams and allies of the leaf does not mean that you are allowed to beat on the children and especially not the third Hokage's grandson so perhaps next time you should think before you act, let's get you home okay Konohamaru" I said and he nodded as I turned and left. I didn't really care that Konohamar was the Hokage's grandson, to me he was just a little boy but not everyone thought like I did so I decided I should leave them with a warning. After all, I didn't want to be sent back to their own village over a small matter like hurting the Hokage's Grandson. I made sure to tell Konohamaru that before I dropped him off at his house after all he hated being treated because of who his grandfather was, I also gave him a scolding for running in the streets and bumping into people making him duck his head. Shaking my head I just patted his head before heading home.