9 | try me #2

"Try me"

Draco looked at me curiously, then walked away. I don't care what he'll plan, but I can retort just as fast.

I walked back to the castle, thinking about what had just happened. Walking to the common room, everything just seems so surreal. Did I really just challenge Draco Malfoy? I guess I did. I need to be prepared for whatever he's gonna throw at me tomorrow.

I change into pj's and slip under my covers. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light.

The Next Morning

I wake up and grab my wand and robes. I remember what happened yesterday, and I smirk as I head to the Great Hall for breakfast. As I sit down next to (f/n), Draco meets my eyes and, without breaking the gaze, he stands up on the bench, and a hush falls over the Hall. Even the professors stop talking and turn their attention to Draco. He smirks, then faces everyone, and shouts,

"I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM THE PROPERTY OF (Y/N) (L/N) OF SLYTHERIN HOUSE! I ASKED HER YESTERDAY ON THE QUIDDITCH FIELD AND SHE SAID YES! THANK YOU, THAT IS ALL!"

Draco sat back down, and smirked at me.

"Beat that" he mouthed

"Oh I will"

I stand up, not breaking my stare, and another hush falls over the place once again.

"I (Y/N) (L/N) AM PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM THE PROPERTY OF DRACO MALFOY! HE DID INDEED ASK ME LAST NIGHT ON THE QUIDDITCH FIELD AND I DID SAY YES. YOU MAY GO BACK TO EATING NOW"

I sit back down, never once breaking my gaze.

Draco sat there, his mouth open. He obviously wasn't expecting that.

"I win"

He slowly closed his mouth, and turned it into a smirk. What is he doing? Draco stands up again, but instead of yelling to everyone, he turns and strides towards me. Everyone, once again, shuts up just to see what he's gonna do. Draco comes over to where I'm sitting, and grabs my face in his hands.

Then he does the unthinkable.

He kisses me.

I was so shocked, I could barely think. So I kissed him back. That also took him by surprise. He pulled away, took my hand in his, and dragged me out of the great Hall, leaving many people confused, and many girls angry.

"(y/n) I wasn't lying you know. I do really like you"

I looked at him curiously.

"Do you really mean that? Or are you just getting back at me? Your idea of a joke?"

Draco shook his head.

"No. I really mean it. Ever since I first saw you in third year (I don't know how he didn't notice me before then) I've known that somehow, someway, we would be together. Please believe me"

I nodded slowly, trying to comprehend what he just told me.

"Yeah. I guess looking back, I've had a crush on you too"

We both smiled and kissed each other.

Who knew that a rivalry would turn into a relationship?