Chapter 12

Chapter 12 (unedited)

Emraan p.o.v

Few hours earlier

I was deep in sleep when the phone rang. I looked at the name appearing on the screen. Raymond? He is my Public Relation officer with anything regarding the media.

"Raymond this better be good" I said groggily.

"Sir, my source told me that the paper got a picture of you and Ms. Aimee Sofia and from what I got to know, it is not good" he said in a very firm note

"Is your source trustworthy?" I asked. Wide awake now.

"Yes, Sir, the best. We can't pull it back as all the media got it. As we are talking now, there will be reporters in front of her house in an hour or two"

"Then, it's a conspiracy to bring me down. Thank you for the warning" I said angrily. Not at Raymond, but to whoever planned this. Right now, only two people on my list.

"Welcome Sir. It's considered late.. my call is just to warn you sir. I am sorry" he said

"If you are really sorry, I want you to get the bottom of this. Investigate who did this and consider yourself forgiven." I said. Raymond keeps quiet.

"Anyway. You have warned me and give me time to plan. Good. Bye Raymond" I said

I put down the phone and hurriedly run into Sameer room. I told him everything that Raymond told Me. Sameer is very good at his job. I know that he will call Danny and make sure everything running smoothly as planned. I still don't know what type of picture and news that the media got on me and Sofi. I run my fingers on my hair. Whatever the news, it is not good. Especially now as the grand opening of the new hotel is in two weeks' time. Right now, the plan is to bring Sofi's family here.

After calling Sofi and tell her what need to be done, I put the phone down. This penthouse has seven rooms so it is not a problem to let Sofi's family stay here until the news calm down.

The memory of last week flooded his mind. The last week with her was never easy. It does bring back the old memories and long forgotten feeling. Her harsh and loud attitude is still there, not fearing to express her feeling or opinion.

she is changed, but only on the outer look. Deep inside, she is still the same tomboy, hot headed. Me? I'm different inside and outside as she says, cocky, arrogant and men of little word. The change is needed. That is the only way to survive in the business world.

When I saw her few minutes later downstairs, at the secret lobby entrance, she looks beautiful even in her half asleep look. If you ask me, what feeling do I have for her?. One thing for sure, it is not the friendly feeling or business nature, I do care for here, more than a friend. The need to protect her is there and also the need to be possessive of her.

Present time

Emraan's p.o.v

When I walk again into the house after talking to her mum, I hear her voice calling out to her mum and sister; I couldn't stop myself from calling her name when I'm just a few feet away from her. She really looks beautiful in dress.

Maybe calling out her name was a bad move as she screams and stumbles back. Luckily I managed to get hold of her waist. This is the second time I'm being close to her, she smells of jasmine. Nice. Being close to her does make me soft. Seeing her cheeks reddened, I straightened myself. This woman will be the death of me.

At this moment I already know about the news that Raymond was talking to me earlier. Believe me when I say I will kill whoever spread this gossip. He was right, it is not nice. Infact horrible. The news not just tainted my name, it tainted hers too.

There is no elusive way to do this. I have to break this news to her. That is the reason I asked her mother and sister to wait outside. The solution is there. Sofi might object it, but her mum already agrees to it as that is the only way to save her's and my name. Raymond even agrees to it too as this is the only solution. This news will be in the air for long time. Truthfully, the solution will just make the opening ceremony more successful as the element of surprise is there. Call me selfish, but I need to make her agree to this by hook or crook. I will let her know the reason, for sure.

When I finally broke the news to her, she is shattered. Broken to pieces.

"I am not a bitch Emraan, I am not a gold digger believe me" the words really stung me like needle all over my body; she hugs me tightly, wetting my shirt. It's so hard for me looking at her like this, weak and broken

I will fix this, believe me Sofi. Those papers and newspaper will have to pay for this. Just agree to my proposal to solve this. That is all I ask.

When she finally pulls away from me and said Adhan name. I feel something stung my heart. Breaking it into pieces.

"Why are you still saying his name? You still love him?" I asked clouding my feeling. I am confused. Why she is associating his name with this conspiracy?

I felt relief when she finally tells me the reason but I'm still angry why is she hiding it from me but I can't show it to her. She is still recovering from the shock after reading the title of the Front page news. If she reads it, I don't know what will happen. I have to get away from here now. My suspicion on the perpetrators confirmed when she said Adhan name. He couldn't do this alone. Right now he needs to deal with Adhan first before dealing with the next person. Before walking out, I give her back her phone. I turned it off so that she will not be disturbed or be bombarded with question before I break the news to her. Hopefully she will leave it off the whole day.

When I am of the house, I signal her mum and Aireen, her sister to get in. Finger crossed and ALLAH help me this time. Help her making the right decision.

My finger on the phone keypad. Dialing Rayhan number.

"Rayhan, we are right" I told him

"Okay, how did you know?" he asked

I explained everything to him thru the phone and he already knows the solution that I suggested to Sofi's mum.

"Have you told her about your proposal?" he asked curiously

"No, I let her mother doing it. Ray, am I doing the right thing? My proposal is the best right?" I have never been this unsure before. Asking my brother for his approval.

"Em, I need you to answer this question before I can tell you whether your proposal is right or wrong, okay?" He asked me

"Okay, shoot the question"

"What is your feeling towards her, give an honest answer?" his question startled me, caught me off-guard.

.

"Bro, answer me" he shouted over the line.

I leaned on the wall, one foot rested on the wall and look down before answering him

"If you are indirectly asking if I care for her... yes I do, I feel the need to protect her; I have this possessive feeling over her. Now answer me" I demanded

"Then, you are doing the right thing bro, rest assured, I will support you the whole way. Now let plan to catch this cunning Adhan"

I don't know why, but admitting my feeling for Sofi to my brother really lightens my burden.

"okay"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi lovelies, please let me know what you think of this chapter.

thank you for reading ... any comments or vote is highly appreciated

thank you .. i dedicate this to all of you, my reader,

thank you to 

@Demetriawrites for your messages... 

this chapter is for you tooo