Chapter 29

Chapter 29 (unedited)

Emraan p.o.v

"Okay mom, I'm coming back, alone as your wish" I told mum.

A fire broke down at mum's boutique and she is not well so she is requesting me, only me to come back as Rayhan visited her last week.

I have to tell Sofi, I've planned to stay here till tomorrow.

"Sofi, you go with Danny and Jamal. I will take a cab from her to the airport." I told Sofi.

She seems jovial today, a change of mood. I hate to make her sad but right now, there is no other choice.

"Are you coming back? And where are you going?" Sofi asked, her mouth curves down and her eyelids slanted downwards.

"No, I will come back later this week before moving out and I'm going back New York" I answered after ending the call with mum. She has fallen from the stairs when the news of fire at her boutique reached her.

When she said go, he can see that she is hurt be she is hiding it behind her small smile. Luckily Aireen is here to lift her mood up. When the cab arrives, I asked Zarina, Sofi's mum to come in together as i have some question to ask her.

"Mum, does Sofi has nightmare before, nightmare of falling down?" I asked as last night she was petrified so much until she vomited.

Her eyes wide and her mouth puckered. My question shocked her.

"Yes, three years ago but according to her, it has vanished" she answered a moment later.

"It came back, yesterday she was so terrified, and she vomited" I have to tell her and maybe she will tell me the truth behind Sofi's nightmare.

"Vomitted?" she shifted her seat so that she is facing me now.

I nod holding her trembling hand. She is scared too. Scared of her daughter wellbeing.

"Listen son, Sofi has been a good daughter to me,.. but she also had a very hard childhood" she stopped trying to gather her emotion.

"Maybe that is what haunting her dream, just promise me that you will take good care of her" She said, holding my hand firmly.

I nod.

The cab stopped at the airport and we parted ways after I bought her ticket and send her off. Before that, she hugs me tightly and patted my back.

Sofi had a very hard childhood?. I have to finds ways to make her talk about her childhood.

The journey back to New York brings back the memory of his flight back from New York with Sofi. I miss her already.

I rarely sleep together with her. Harmless sleeping. Waking up beside her is like a gift that I should cherish. It brightens my mood. Kissing her today was unintentional.

A smile crept on his face.

Waking up beside her that today, catching her adoring me. It was a new feeling. I felt like a teenager falling in love for the first time. Her lips are different universe to talk about. It has power to melt ice and lit it up with raging fire. Kissing her lush, full lip today proves that. Fire sparked in my whole body.

Deep down I know something is holding her back. I'm not sure what, but I will find it out and gives a chance to this relationship.

"I don't trust man"

Her words prickle my heart like a needle.

It seems like she was joking but after talking to Zarinah, I'm sure it was not a joke. What are you hiding wife?

It was a long flight to New York and I'm very tired. I called mum informing her that I will join her for breakfast tomorrow and will sleep at the hotel tonight.

The next morning, I feel refreshed and relaxed. I missed Sofi very much. Taking my phone, I browsed the phone gallery. Looking at Sofi's picture smiling and petting the rabbit at the zoo when we were honeymooning together. There is another picture of her savoring the rain on her face.

"Good morning my sweet cupcake" I kissed the screen, imagining kissing her.

Realizing that I have promised to have breakfast with mum, I hurriedly walk towards the bathroom.

After taking shower and changing to button down shirt, I asked Lewis, my driver whenever I'm in New York to take me to mum house.

Reached New York safely, Mum falls from the stairs- Emraan

I push the send button. At least she knows why I need to go back to New York. Not long after, the phone rings, displaying Sofi name on the screen

"Why didn't you tell me, we can go together?" she asked directly when I answered the phone.

"Are you okay?, no hello for your husband?" the corner of my moth turned up.

"Oh, Hello hubby, now answer" she demanded.

"The flight is long and Aireen is there with you, and it's not serious sweet cupcake" I lied to her.

There is a long pause

"Your mum doesn't want me there, I understand" her voice flat. I know that she is hurt.

"I'm Sorry, anyway I've reached mum home, take care and..take care" I said ending the call. What was I doing?.

One of the maids opened the door and told me that mum is resting in her room. Ascending the stairs, I can hear voices from mum room. Who else is here with mum?

Knocking the door softly, I can hear another female voice.

"Come in" the voice shouted. That is not mum voice.

Opening the room door, mum is laying on the bed. There is another woman sitting, her back facing me. Mum motions me to come in. slowly, I walk into the room.

"Hi Emraan" the woman said turning her face, looking at me directly. Forwarding her hand.

I stand there, frozen on the spot. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

who is that woman?

is it a sign of storm brewing in Sofi married life?

love you all

please dont forget to vote and do tell me what do you think of this chapter?