Chapter 65

Chapter 65 (unedited)

Sofi trotted to the second hall, where Emraan always receives his guest. Sofi eyes falls on someone back who is wearing a black suit.

"Hello, may I know who are you?"

Sofi squealed as the man turned his back, facing her. It was Ahmad. Her voice might have attracted Rose as she came running to the second hall. Rose walks back to the kitchen as Sofi smiles back to her apologizing.

"Ahmad, you came," sofi smiles.

"You called me right, so I have to come," Ahmad winked.

"Hey!" Sofi smacked his arm playfully.

"You and your charm, never fail to amuse me," Sofi laugh.

"Come, have lunch with me," Sofi invited him.

Sofi was hoping that her appetite normalizes again. It was indeed the same as yesterday, lost. She was poking the food with her fork as Ahmad looks at her. She is eating but the food was like yesterday, tasteless. Ahmad even asks her what's wrong but she dismissed his question.

"Sofi, may I ask you a question?" he asked, bringing the cup to his mouth

She nodded, her eyes fixed into his.

"Have you,-" he cleared his throat while putting down his cup. His gaze falls on Rose who is washing the dishes in the kitchen.

Rose, who suddenly feels that she is no longer needed in the kitchen, excused herself and walks to her room.

"Do you have any feeling for me?" he looks at her from his downcasted gaze.

Sofi almost choked on the water that she drinks. Her gaze scans around the room. "I...I-," she paused, trying tp form some sort of answer that wouldn't hurt be but still delivers the message loud and clear. "You are his friend Ahmad, so that makes you my friend,"

"I have different feeling than that,.. but if you ...know... wants to run again from him, or he hurts you, believe me, I will not take a step back, I will try to win your heart.. not as friend but as someone who has feeling for you," his elbow propped up on the table.

Sofi gasped. She knows he once has feeling for her, adores her for more than a friend. The incident in Sydney should send him the signal that she is not someone that he should not falls in love with.

"I am a married woman Ahmad, but thanks for the offer anyway," Sofi smiles weakly.

Ahmad threw his head back, laughing. "You're different Sofi. If it's someone else, I might get a kick in my ass for talking like that,"

Her brow arched, her lips twisted at the corner, "I would do that, that put in some sense in your head, but knowing you, it will just hurt your ego more, and sadly I need you for tomorrow"

Ahmad shakes his head in response. There is a moment of pregnant uncomfortable silence filing up the dining room. Slowly, she sips the water with her eyes falls on the floor.

"There is someone else out there for you," She put her cup down, resting her hand on the table.

"Do you believe that?" his eyes narrowed on her.

"Nope, for someone like me, I don't, but somehow... I believe it now," she said while her fingers trailing on the rim of the cup.

Later, they talk about tomorrow's preparation and they were so deep in discussion that the sun on the sky has been replaced by moon. She has discussed this with him before by emails and calling him but because of Emraan sudden departure to Australia, they have to lay out the details again.